Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Windows Powerpoint

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Seranok_*

• Guests

Posted 25 December 2015 - 07:31 AM

My country Win 7 x64 doesnt have Powerpoint. Even though I have alternatives like OpenOffice I think Powerpoint is a class of its own. Is there a way I can download powerpoint... even if its old or something?

Edited by Orange Blossom, 25 December 2015 - 07:56 AM.
Moved to more appropriate forum. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,763 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 07:56 AM

PowerPoint is a Microsoft Office product.  It can be purchased as a standalone product, though it does carry a fairly hefty price tag.  You can find it here: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/productID.323024800

A free alternative is something called Kingsoft Presentation Free which you can find here: http://www.ksosoft.com/product/presentation-free.html

~ OB :cherry:

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,461 posts
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 27 December 2015 - 04:49 PM

What country are you in? You can always buy a copy second hand on ebay. If you really need one, there are plenty of genuine Microsoft copies going around from 2010 and 2013 that are pretty reasonable.

#4 britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 6,516 posts
  • Local time:07:54 AM

Posted 27 December 2015 - 05:18 PM

For myself, I prefer MS-Office that is Office 2013 or earlier simply for the reason that the entire suite is composed of programs resident on your computer and that you have a permanent lease on (no one owns Office besides Microsoft, technically - you're granted a license to use it).

Unless there's some element of Office 365 or Office 2016 that you simply must have I'd look for a reasonably priced copy of Office 2010 or Office 2013.  That being said, be certain that the edition you're looking at contains PowerPoint.  There are so may editions of Office that my head boggles at the combinations of programs in the Office family that get bundled together under different editions.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users