Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Waterfox

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dannyboy950

dannyboy950

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 24 December 2015 - 01:26 PM

I am trying the new browser offered from Mozilla.  So far it is a good bit faster than Firefox nearly all the same features.

We will see how it goes.  I run no script on both firefox and waterfox. when I come to Bleeping computer the site says I need to enable Java script.  I do not remember having to do that before.  Guess I need to add BC to the exceptions list.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 24 December 2015 - 02:27 PM.
Moved to more appropriate forum, ~ OB

HP 15-f009wm notebook AMD-E1-2100 APV 1Ghz Processor 8 GB memory 500 GB Hdd

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinamon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,917 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 PM

Posted 24 December 2015 - 02:29 PM

I've always had to allow Bleeping Computer in NoScript.  I'll have to experiment with WaterFox as well.  I hadn't heard of that one yet.

~ OB :cherry:

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,917 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2015 - 02:40 PM

I just discovered something: WaterFox is specifically for 64-bit systems, so if you're running a 32-bit system, this browser won't work for you.

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#4 dannyboy950

dannyboy950
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2015 - 03:00 PM

I am running 64 bit which is why I decided to try it. Firefox the dl said it was 64 bit but in firefox properties it shows it is 32 bit. Do not know why but it does run ok. Probably because of legacy compatibility.

#5 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,917 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2015 - 03:03 PM

32 bit applications and software will run fine on 64 bit computers but not the other way around.  It has to do with how memory is used.  Mostly, I posted that note above for other readers who may want to try WaterFox but have 32 bit systems, like I do.

Orange Blossom

#6 dannyboy950

dannyboy950
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2015 - 02:07 PM

By the way anyone wanting to try Waterfox it is worth a look see.  Works really well so far.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users