Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anyone didn't receive the November Update (Update 1511) yet via Windows Updates?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 AM

Posted 23 December 2015 - 10:59 PM

I'm just wondering if there's any users here that didn't receive the November Update (Update 1511) via Windows Updates yet. I know that the update will not show if:
  • Your Windows 10 installation is less than 31 days old;
  • You have the "Defer upgrades" option checked (enabled) in your Advanced Windows Update Settings;
  • If you uninstalled the Update 1511;
None of these applies to me. I didn't get it on my desktop computer so far, but as soon as I booted my laptop, I did get it. The difference? My desktop was installed with English (United States) as language, and my laptop with French (Canada) (even thought I applied the English (United States) language pack on it after). I'm pretty sure this is what's causing the issue, but I really can't be bothered to either install a French language pack on my desktop (I don't want to use it), or use the Media Creation Tool (since I want to see by myself what happens if the upgrade fails via Windows Updates). At this point, I'll wait until the next Patch Tuesday to see if I still receive Windows Updates, and if I don't, I'll bite the bullet and upgrade via the MCT. Right now, I'm just being lazy I guess and I can't be bothered to do it.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 richcbro

richcbro

• Members
  • 375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 23 December 2015 - 11:56 PM

My friend haven't get the update yet. He installed Windows 10 Home at the first day it released so it should be more than 31 days old and doesn't defer upgrades. He has tell me that he will upgrade via MCT if the updates doesn't appear this week.

Both my PC(spec in profile) have upgraded to version 1511. One of them failed to install the update so I just download the ISO and do a upgrade installation. I clean installed W10 1511 on my second PC.

CPU: Intel i7-8700K 5.3 GHz ------ RAM: 32GB TridentZ 3600 MHz CL16 ----- Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus X Formula ----- GPU: Zotac GTX 1080 Ti Amp! Extreme ----- Storage: Samsung 960 Pro 1TB -- Samsung 850 Pro 2TB x4

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 25 December 2015 - 06:12 AM

I've seen one or two at work, but both were on well-used systems that the owners had tweaked/played with the settings a lot.

We wiped and clean installed TH2/1511

Have you tried

- DISM

- SFC.EXE /SCANNOW

- Reset with Keep My Files?

Also, I've sent you a personal message about this.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2015 - 02:20 PM

SFC and DISM both return clean logs. I really, really can't be bothered to do a Reset :P If it comes to this, I'll upgrade after the next Patch Tuesday using the Media Creation Tool.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 Norseman143

Norseman143

• Members
  • 300 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 25 December 2015 - 02:59 PM

I havent got it yet. I wonder if its because I dont use what a lot of it pertains to

Most of it ,I have turned off

Its kind of strange though, because I was getting the ones in the past, almost right away

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2015 - 03:11 PM

Did you receive your December updates on Patch Tuesday? And the ones in November?

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png

#7 Norseman143

Norseman143

• Members
  • 300 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2015 - 03:32 PM

Would they have called for a reboot? in other words were they big enough to have been noticed?

I will go look

#8 Norseman143

Norseman143

• Members
  • 300 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2015 - 03:37 PM

The last two I got were on 10/29/15 KB3106932

#9 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2015 - 04:18 PM

It seems like the last updates you received were on October 29th, which means you didn't get the Patch Tuesday updates from November and December, most likely because Windows 10 RTM isn't supported anymore and Microsoft asks you to upgrade to Treshold 2 if you want to continue receiving support via Windows Update.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png

#10 wfallon

wfallon

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 27 December 2015 - 02:48 AM

Everyone who had 10240, the RTM, on their PC, got 10.0.10586.1511, even if they had Upgrades deferred. That is Redmond's way around it.

They want Win 10 the way that they want it, not the way we want it. If you'll notice, they even installed new Services to counteract the ones we've disabled. They've even changed the Telemetry/Data Collection settings in the Registry back to original. Anytime there is an update, recheck all your settings.

Bill

Edited by wfallon, 27 December 2015 - 02:49 AM.

#11 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2015 - 05:50 AM

Looks likw its not everyone Bill, since two people on this thread weren't offered the update and I'm sure there's more.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png

#12 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2015 - 06:19 AM

Go to the Run dialog (or the Command Prompt) and type in "winver" (without the quotes) and press "Enter"

This'll tell you if you have 1511 or not.

Build 10240 is the original (TH1) build that came out on 30 July 2015

Build 10586 is the Fall Update (TH2/1511) build that came out on 15 Novemeber 2015

I recall seeing build 10586.32 (hmmm, might have been .36) yesterday on a machine at work that had just finished updating.

If you're a Windows Insider, you may have other builds also (I'm at build 11082.1000).

Edited by usasma, 27 December 2015 - 09:55 AM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#13 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2015 - 10:45 AM

I'm on build 10240 :P
iXlagsJ.png
And I think the latest build is 10586.32 because of the Cumulative Update, not sure.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png

#14 Norseman143

Norseman143

• Members
  • 300 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2015 - 05:22 PM

I thought for sure I would have gotten it by now because most of my updates seem to have come on Sundays

Last night I was running Gimp and running a filter that uses a lot of resources. Everything slowed way down. So I looked at the task manager,and something was running, using a lot of memory. They were all Windows programs.

I thought for sure they would have been downloaded when I turned on my PC today, but it didnt

#15 MtnTraveler

MtnTraveler

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2015 - 11:52 AM

Interesting.  I am on 10240, but running winword10 since I cannot stand winword16 without cleartype and icons drawn by crayon. Had to use the unregserver commands to get win10 to allow me to use word10 as default.  But after last night's update, not working any longer.  So reran the unregserver for 16, and regserver for 10, and still no luck.  So reinstalled 10, and now it all works.  What a cluster.  

Found out that when 10 installed, no system restore points set, so couldn't reset.  Used gpedit.msc and reconfigured updates for manual, so I can tell from you guys what to install from here on out.  Now I wonder if I should install the upgrade?  If on automatic, why wasn't it installed already?  Defer upgrades is not checked, so it should have already upgraded, no?  

MS should be shot for the way they configured office16 for tablets, instead of power desktop users....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users