Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

boot drive not recognized

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TgxLEGENDz

TgxLEGENDz

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 PM

Posted 23 December 2015 - 07:23 PM

hi i have recently done some maintenance on my pc, and i went to put another hard drive in, and i went into bios to see if it was being recognized, and it is but now it isnt seeing my boot drive. i am able to boot from my boot drive if i select it manually, and it works just fine, but i have to manually select it every time i boot up my pc please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nuna

nuna

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 PM

Posted 24 December 2015 - 10:49 AM

You might change the boot order in BIOS.

Another option is to plug the drive cables to other connectors (i.e. switch data cable of both drives) so the order in which they are detected changes.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,460 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2015 - 11:05 AM

Did you change the boot order in the BIOS so that the new HDD is included in the boot order?

Is there a operating system installed on this new HDD?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 TgxLEGENDz

TgxLEGENDz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2015 - 07:24 PM

Did you change the boot order in the BIOS so that the new HDD is included in the boot order?

Is there a operating system installed on this new HDD?

No there is no operating system on the new hdd, and no I did not put the new hdd in the boot order

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users