Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"no amd graphics driver installed" - Error for every driver

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 DeyLath

DeyLath

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2015 - 06:03 PM

Hi BC community!

Specs:

-  CPU:   AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition 955, 3200 MHz

- Motherboard: Asus M4A88TD-M Evo

- GPU: Sapphire HD7850 2GB GDDR5  -not OC version-   - Have no idea about the product number unfortunetely.

Right now i have 14.12 and the only reason why my system is stable, because i have pre Windows update restore point. Whenever reboot happens after driver installation this welcomes me: http://imgur.com/9qJKUoR

I tried reinstalling 14.12, even that doesnt work. I tried 15.7.1, 15.11.1  and 15.12. All of them give the same error. This screen also happens pre Crimson drivers: http://imgur.com/WrDPM53 . Reportlog for that is here: http://pastebin.com/NXwkT1GJ   where the lastline translates to: "Driver Installation: The given parameter is invalid"

What i tried:

- Tried uninstalling via safe mode + DDU

- Tried uninstalling with AMD Clean Uninstall Utility

- Tried installing before drivers Windows updates, except KB 3004394

- I made sure i downloaded the proper crimson drivers

What i didnt try:

- Fresh Windows install. This is not an option, since i cant clone my system, for the moment if even that doesnt work.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,439 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 23 December 2015 - 07:25 PM

The only thing I can think of is if you have the latest .NET Framework and all updates installed. I would install 4.5 if you do not have it. 

#3 DeyLath

DeyLath
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2015 - 05:42 AM

I already have 4.5 frameworks without Windows update and as I said earlier, i already tried installing Windows Updates which didnt change anything at all.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,439 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2015 - 08:35 AM

See if installing the driver using the hidden Administrator Account Works. At an elevated command prompt (Windows key + X) cmd - as admin type the following.

net user administrator /active:yes

log out of your account and you should see a new Administrator Account. If not reboot. This account has more privileges then your standard admin account. Disable any Security Software.

You might want to use the AMD software utility to scan your hardware for the appropriate driver and see what it advises.

#5 DeyLath

DeyLath
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2015 - 11:46 AM

Unfortunetly that didnt help either. At this point, either i screw something up always or something isnt quite right with the system and needs a fresh install. In any case, this is how i tried it:

- Install every Windows update, except KB 3004394 ( though i dont know why, but someone suggested this to someone with similar problem ) and the graphics driver ( I would note that i cant install it since its already installed and i dont know how to get rid of it, though probably DDU / AMD Clean Uninstall Utility gets rid of it regardless )

- Reboot into safe mode and use either DDU or AMD Clean Uninstall Utility

- Reboot into the advanced admin profile and get rid of Firewall and my Nod32 by turning them off

- Install the driver and Reboot

I hope I'm doing it wrong and dont have to risk a fresh Windows install. Though I'm really risking a lot now already, since for no obvious reason my restore point disappered and I'm lucky it had a stable one regardless.

Edited by DeyLath, 24 December 2015 - 11:46 AM.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,439 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2015 - 12:09 PM

Have you run a sfc /scannow to check for missing or corrupt system files?

#7 DeyLath

DeyLath
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2015 - 01:41 PM

I had no idea such thing existed in the first place, ran it and indeed it seems there is some corruption with amd stuff. Here is a link where i put which i think is important: http://pastebin.com/rrqi7HH4

In short: Amd64\CNBJ2530.DPB  is the corruption

Edited by DeyLath, 24 December 2015 - 01:45 PM.

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,439 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2015 - 02:00 PM

I am not an expert in diagnosing CBS logs. There is a forum called SysNative that can help with correcting CBS logs. But, see if using the DISM command solves the problem.

#9 DeyLath

DeyLath
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2015 - 03:16 PM

I'm going to rip my hair out soon, I swear. I managed to fix the corruption, but the error still persists. Maybe I will try installing other drivers then 15.12 tomorrow, someone claimed that only 15.7 worked for them and no other.

Thanks for the  help so far.

Edit: If i were to become very desperate to do a fresh install, which system is more recommended? Windows 10 or Windows 8.1 ? I dont mind changing to Win 10, but if it has many common bugs/errors with anythings ( drivers/games/etc ) still, I would rather stick to 8.1 then.

Edited by DeyLath, 24 December 2015 - 03:39 PM.

#10 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,439 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2015 - 03:46 PM

I noticed the specs on the MB list an Integrated ATI Radeon HD4250 GPU

The integrated GPU has been disabled in UEFI/BIOS, correct? Some MBs have a disable setting and others will detect an onboard GPU automatically. I am not sure about your MB. Is it possible the MB is looking for the Radeon HD4250 driver and cannot find it. I am not sure if the 4250 uses the same driver as the HD7850 though.

#11 DeyLath

DeyLath
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2015 - 04:20 PM

Dear lord. You are a life saver. I disabled the Onboard Graphics in Bios and doing all the process one more time and now it works ( 15.12 ) Maybe this wasnt the only problem, though i didnt use the "better" Admin user.

Do I have to mark this somehow as solved or anything? Or thats not a thing in this site?

Thanks again JohnC_21 and Merry Christmas.

#12 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,439 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2015 - 04:53 PM

Your Welcome and Merry Christmas to you also. Glad you got it solved.

If you enabled the hidden administrator account you can disable it by typing

net user administrator /active:no

No, threads on BC are not marked solved. They stay open for other people to contribute if there is a need.

Edited by JohnC_21, 24 December 2015 - 04:54 PM.

#13 Criyl

Criyl

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 24 December 2015 - 10:19 PM

If you are stuck in installing driver, you can try to run the program as administrator. And you had better the computer system managment program and anti virus program when driver installing. Besides, you can use driver tool like Driver Talent to help you install Windows 8.1 drivers!  Good luck!

#14 jinxiang

jinxiang

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 25 December 2015 - 08:42 AM

You may wish to uninstall corrupted driver under My Device Manager and try to use plug and play by refreshing whether does it work. Or else you may want to try and refresh your PC to see whether will it works.

Thanks.

Edited by jinxiang, 25 December 2015 - 08:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users