Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot send emails from Tracfone LG440G

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Gene_L

Gene_L

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 AM

Posted 23 December 2015 - 06:02 PM

Greetings:  I have a non-smart feature phone.  Until two months ago, I was able to send & receive emails from the email app that came with the phone.  suddenly, I was unable to send emails.  I could still receive emails. Browser works, can send/receive text messages.  Strange that just one feature, sending emails, would go south.  I talked with Tracfone customer service for 1.5 hours but they were unable to rectify the problem.  I tried deleting and re-activating the account, master clear, master reset, no luck.  My email provider is MSN/outlook.  I posted on MSN forum but no help yet from them.  Any ideas?  Thanks. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nullnaught

nullnaught

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2016 - 05:27 PM

This happened to me.   With the same phone not too long ago.    After a week or so it started to work again and i have no idea why so I wish you the best of luck.  But i was only sending images and videos to my email. 

Edited by nullnaught, 31 March 2016 - 05:29 PM.

#3 Gene_L

Gene_L
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:12 AM

nullnaught:  can you send AND receive emails now on your LG440G?  If so, who is your email provider,   GMAIL, MSN, Yahoo?   Thanks !

#4 nullnaught

nullnaught

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2016 - 07:37 PM

Actually the cell phone stopped working about a week or so ago.   All i used the phone for was emailing images and videos to myself and some calls.   I have never needed to text anyone so i do not know how to do that.  I do not use a cell phone for internet either.  And by the way my email was  GMAIL.  I really do not know how it got fixed.  I am sorry.     What i did do  was clear all images and videos and kept trying and it eventually it worked somehow.   Like magic.    IT could have been unable to send files about a week mabye.  Good luck with this.   I am sorry i cant be more helpful.  

#5 Gene_L

Gene_L
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2016 - 07:59 PM

Thank you.

#6 nullnaught

nullnaught

• Members