Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

After Virus Removal Memory Always Being Used Up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ijbrito1

ijbrito1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2015 - 04:51 PM

So recently I acquired a virus from a file I downloaded, I immediately took to removing it using programs such as Malwarebytes, SuperANTISpyware, RKill, and TFC. I am running an MSI GE72 2QD Apache Pro with a GTX 960 M + 2gb dedicated ddr5 ram, it has an intel cor i7 cpu that is overclocked to 3.3ghz and it also has a plentyful 16GB of RAM. Before I had this virus my laptop ran fine, it never froze up, I had no issues with games, it was fast as can be. Now after acquiring this virus and removing it, my laptop acts like its only utilizing 2GB of RAM, my resource manager always has my laptop at using 98% of its RAM and I dont understand what is taking it all up. My laptop now lags when doing some of the most simple things, windows explorer is always crashing, movies cut, jump, and freeze. Even low graphics games such as call of duty world at war, freeze when any particle effects take place. PLEASE HELP

Edited by Queen-Evie, 23 December 2015 - 10:20 PM.
moved from Windows 10 to Am I Infected to see if still infected

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 PM

Posted 23 December 2015 - 04:59 PM

Have you tried going back to a system restore point taken prior to the infection?   Do you have a system image/full backup that you could use to do a "write-over" recovery of your system in its functioning state?

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Presenting the willfully ignorant with facts is the very definition of casting pearls before swine.

~ Brian Vogel

#3 orlbuckeye

orlbuckeye

• Members
  • 250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 23 December 2015 - 06:09 PM

So recently I acquired a virus from a file I downloaded, I immediately took to removing it using programs such as Malwarebytes, SuperANTISpyware, RKill, and TFC. I am running an MSI GE72 2QD Apache Pro with a GTX 960 M + 2gb dedicated ddr5 ram, it has an intel cor i7 cpu that is overclocked to 3.3ghz and it also has a plentyful 16GB of RAM. Before I had this virus my laptop ran fine, it never froze up, I had no issues with games, it was fast as can be. Now after acquiring this virus and removing it, my laptop acts like its only utilizing 2GB of RAM, my resource manager always has my laptop at using 98% of its RAM and I dont understand what is taking it all up. My laptop now lags when doing some of the most simple things, windows explorer is always crashing, movies cut, jump, and freeze. Even low graphics games such as call of duty world at war, freeze when any particle effects take place. PLEASE HELP

Plus check in Programs and Features in Control Panel. Order it by date descending order and look for things you don't think you installed and remove them. Also check startup in the task manager and see if something is running and startup that looks suspicious.

• Alienware 18 Intel Core i7 4810 QM 16GB DDR3
  • 18.4" (1920 x1080) 
  • 1 TB Samsung EVO MSATA SSD 1 TB WD 5400 RPM HD 750 GB WD 5400 RPM HD
  • Nvidia GT 860 GM SLI graphics
  • Windows 10 Pro + Surface Book i5 256gb SSD 8gb RAM DGPU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users