Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fatal Error? Virus? Internet connection Blocked. HELP?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nini0357

nini0357

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 AM

Posted 23 December 2015 - 12:26 AM

Windows 7 Premium Home Edition...Chrome, Firefox, Explorer

At some point last week I downloaded a very stubborn virus when I opened a file that I thought was safe and my computer was bombarded by multiple downloads. At the same time a Microsoft warning popped up on computer, mouse frozen, could not open/close any other windows. Ran computer in safemode with networking and adware would pop up. Removed several programs that were downloaded and Ran fixit stick and that did not fix it but did find other viruses. Was able to download AVG free version before that adware popped up and froze the computer again. AVG detected other viruses and removed the microsoft adware. but ever since then that has stopped my computer from accessing the internet no matter if it is in safemode or not. There is an error that will pop up that I have never seen before nor can I find anything on the web (from my laptop). socksclient???? fatal error????  I have ran numerous scans on the computer and they will find viruses but nothing will give me back access to the internet. I can plug Ethernet cord to laptop and access if fine. All servers are all saying same thing, can not access this page and all are on same www.searching.com. Does anyone have any ideas on what may be blocking my access? I do not have a recovery disk for this computer on hand. And I am not sure what processes should be running and what should not.  There are still some programs that I am unable to remove that are dated months earlier in my uninstall list.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,082 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 23 December 2015 - 01:20 AM

Credit quietman7.All possibilities for lost internet connection

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563709/cannot-connect-to-internet-browsers-after-using-awdcleaner/#entry3600427

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,082 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 23 December 2015 - 01:23 AM

When you have reestablished internet connection.......

Download Security Check from here and save it to your Desktop.

Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
    Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
    A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.

then....

Please download  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitoolbox/ to desktop to run it.
 Checkmark the following boxes:

• List content of Hosts
  • Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size

Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.
 Click Go and Copy / Paste the result. (result.txt)

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users