Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Switch to local account at login screen, is it possible ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 zenpsx

zenpsx

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:47 PM

Hi all, question for you. When at login screen if it says login using your email (microsoft ect) is it possible to switch to local system at that point, so as to not have to login with email address but just the local account. I know it can be changed in the user setting but thats once you are in windows, I'm interested in just switching accounts at that point. Any ideas ???

Regards...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 22 December 2015 - 07:25 PM

I don't think you can do this if you want to use an account that already exists that's linked to a Microsoft Account.  I can see no way to make it default to "go local" instead nor any way to toggle at the login screen.

You can create an account that's strictly a local one, though.  There are tons of step-by-step instructions out on the web on how to do this.  If you consistently want to be logged in local that's probably the route you'll have to take.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 23 December 2015 - 05:03 AM

On my system I have a Microsoft account and a local account.

There's 2 ways to get to the local account:

- go left at the login screen (usually there's a circle with an arrow facing to the left, as I understand it, there are other ways also)

- at the lower left of the login screen will be a listing of your accounts (after you create the local acccount) - click on the one that you want there.

Edited by usasma, 23 December 2015 - 05:03 AM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 zenpsx

zenpsx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 28 December 2015 - 06:45 PM

Thanx. Will checkout usasma's suggestion (never realized that that option existed).

Regards...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users