Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 Virus, Spyware, or Bad install !! HELP !!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Help_Computers_Sick_

Help_Computers_Sick_

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 22 December 2015 - 05:12 PM

Hi,
Im having some issues not sure the problem. BSOD, Drivers work then don't, Some issues in games and some sites where (ie. something should read $300 and it

shows 0xffff), So i dont know what the deal is. Just when I think Ive got it figured out Boom BSOD and i have to reinstall or jump thru hoops to fix startup. So any help or

suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

My System is: HP DV7 -6166nr windows 10 64bit 4GB Ram, AMD A4 3300 GPU with Radion 1.90Ghz 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,023 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 PM

Posted 22 December 2015 - 05:55 PM

I suspect this system is not recommended by HP for upgrade to Windows 10, but can't be sure.

Using another computer, go to the HP Upgrade to Windows 10 Page and enter your product number from the tag that's on your machine somewhere, usually the underside on a laptop.

What you do next will probably be largely dictated by the result you get there.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#3 Help_Computers_Sick_

Help_Computers_Sick_
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:02 PM

This Model is one that wasn't tested. It ran all the preview builds for over a year it has just been since the last couple of updates that it has been acting up.

#4 Help_Computers_Sick_

Help_Computers_Sick_
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:04 PM

I think it might be a virus because periodically when i try to run a program or go to a website it tells me that i need to check with the admin for permission.

#5 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,023 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 PM

Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:05 PM

Given the latest bit of information you've shared my next step would be to use another machine to download the correct ISO from the Microsoft Media Creation Tool, creating the correct media to upgrade another PC (in this case, your misbehaving one), then use that to reinstall Windows 10.  I believe you can use the Upgrade option even on a machine with Windows 10 on it to keep your files, folders, and users that already exist.

If you think it's a virus then you should first try downloading Malwarebytes from another machine and running it.  If you really think it's a virus or malware, and it could be, then it's better to report this thread to the site administrators via the report link and ask that it be moved from here to the, "I think I'm infected.  What should I do?" forum instead.  You'll get far better detection and exorcism advice there.

Edited by britechguy, 22 December 2015 - 06:08 PM.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#6 Help_Computers_Sick_

Help_Computers_Sick_
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2015 - 08:50 PM

Thanks for the advice. Ive already tried an in place and a clean install from another pc so i will take your advice and get it moved to infected forum.

#7 wfallon

wfallon

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 24 December 2015 - 10:29 AM

If you have any viruses, a clean install will remove them.

Bill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users