Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Canon printer not feeding paper

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Richardf77

Richardf77

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 PM

Posted 22 December 2015 - 12:37 PM

I have a Canon Pixma MG3250 which until today I have had no trouble with. Today however after one successful print now refuses to feed any paper. There is no sign of a jam and the LCD display and PC dialog box just show paper out error messages even though there is paper in the tray. When I try to print the printer seems to function normally but no paper loads to print. I have tried cleaning the roller to no avail.

I can get the printer to print single pages by manually feeding the paper in although this risks a paper jam and of course us far from satisfactory.

Anything I can try to fix it or is this a mechanical failure that would be uneconomical to get fixed?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,676 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:08 PM

It may be something in the paper path that is causing the problem though you cannot see it. Would it be possible to push some thin card stock that is letter size through the printer?

Did you pull the rear door and inspect the area with a flashlight?

Edited by JohnC_21, 22 December 2015 - 02:08 PM.

#3 Richardf77

Richardf77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 PM

Posted 23 December 2015 - 06:03 AM

I did examine the relevant area with a torch the best i could. could see nothing obviously wrong.

As i said in my original post i have been able to manualy feed and printing does occur, the problem is the machine wont take the paper into itself from the tray automaticaly. thickness and weight of paper makes no difference.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,676 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2015 - 09:04 AM

I did find this which you may have already seen but I am not sure it will help. It is for the MG3500 series but the troubleshooting steps are similar for all the MG series. 

http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/W/MG3500%20series/EN/UG/ug_trouble2700.html

#5 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,243 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2015 - 05:31 PM

Try cleaning the rubber rollers with alcohol, my lazer had that problem it worked fine.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users