Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Verifying DMI pool data. Update success.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 wuzzo

wuzzo

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 22 December 2015 - 09:59 AM

Hello there,

My Windows XP Pro machine suddenly halts boot-up at ' Verifying DMI pool data. Update success '

The drives are recognised at that point  ( although NOT named in the BIOS ) and the BIOS is set to boot from H/D then CD then floppy

All internal connections are firm.

It's a fairly elderly Gigabyte MOBO but no sign of any cap. swell.

Solution sought-  and a merry Christmas to All.

Edited by wuzzo, 23 December 2015 - 04:46 AM.

Lend me your ears

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 22 December 2015 - 08:35 PM

FWIW

Louis

#3 wuzzo

wuzzo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2015 - 04:45 AM

I copy Alredzen's post from that link, hamluis thank you, as it's my position too;

"  

I have tried to above suggestions to have the computer to start normally, unfortunately, nothing has worked. I tested the memory with memtest and it came with no errors. I even purchased new ram: but the problem does not appear is the ram, as it came out okay. The problem now is for the computer to recognize the hard drive. It does not recognize the hard drive in BIOS and thus it is unable to load the OS. I was unable to perform a repair on the OS due to the same issue: no hard drive detected. I have checked the all the cables are firmly connected and that BIOS has the auto detect option enabled, also the boot order to boot from hard drive, but it does not recognize the hard drive at all.

I have tried several other things, like inserting the new RAM in different spots, but nothing has worked; the computer will not recognize the hard drive at all, not even in BIOS.

Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.  "

Edited by wuzzo, 23 December 2015 - 04:45 AM.

Lend me your ears

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,559 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2015 - 01:17 PM

Remove the hard drive...attach it to another known good system as a secondary drive...see if it's properly detected and readable/accessible.

Louis

#5 wuzzo

wuzzo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2015 - 04:45 AM

Thanks Louis.  I'll try a different drive in the faulty boot machine as it currently has a RAID pair.   I'm getting ' healthy stripe ' in the pre-boot messaging though.  It's a head-scratcher.

Lend me your ears

#6 wuzzo

wuzzo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:40 PM

I've tried a different drive to no effect.  The boot still hangs at ' Verifying DMI pool data. Update success '.

I've disconnected all IDE drives , rotated the memory one by one, still hangs.   BIOS looks good and boot is still reporting ' healthy stripe ' 

Edited by wuzzo, 04 February 2016 - 01:01 PM.

Lend me your ears

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,559 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2016 - 12:44 PM

FWIW:  Verifying DMI Pool Data .and http://superuser.com/questions/13051/what-is-dmi-pool-data-and-why-is-it-verified .

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users