Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sometimes when I turn my speakers on my monitor goes weird resulting me 2restart

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LikeGames

LikeGames

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 22 December 2015 - 08:39 AM

So from the system being off. I switch it on. When im in windows. I turn on my studio speakers. Sometimes it would have an affect on my monitor strangely. My monitor would then go in standy mode or just act up which then requires me to restart my PC.

Anyone know of why this is happening? Thank you for any help anyone is able to assist with, ty.

edit - ive had my computer for maybe 7-8 years also. I'm thinking it might be a motherboard or GPU issue. Please leave any comments if anything crosses your mind. After 7-8 years does anyone think my computer may show some signs of strain??

Edited by LikeGames, 22 December 2015 - 07:48 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 blueelvis

blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,666 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 AM

Posted 28 December 2015 - 01:00 PM

Hi LikeGames & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

How are the studio speakers connected? I mean are they connected to the same socket to which the monitor and system are connected? There could be several reasons which could account for this like loose connections or other problems with the hardware.

Have you tried the system without turning on the studio speakers? Does it still behave the same?

Yes, it is possible that the system would show issues after 7-8 years depending on how well it was maintained, quality of the components, electrical surges? :)

-Pranav

Member of the Bleeping Computer A.I.I. early response team!

In case I have been helping you and you haven't received a reply from me in 48 hours, please feel free to PM me. Anything else? Still feel free to PM me :)

Did you read this? http://omgdebugging.com/5-tips-for-getting-the-best-bang-for-the-buck-at-fast-food-joints/

#3 LikeGames

LikeGames
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 28 December 2015 - 01:39 PM

Hi LikeGames & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

How are the studio speakers connected? I mean are they connected to the same socket to which the monitor and system are connected? There could be several reasons which could account for this like loose connections or other problems with the hardware.

Have you tried the system without turning on the studio speakers? Does it still behave the same?

Yes, it is possible that the system would show issues after 7-8 years depending on how well it was maintained, quality of the components, electrical surges? :)

-Pranav

edit - i mentioned below slightly another problem i have also which is when i go on a certain website my monitor would switch off in affect and would result in me having to restart PC.

thanks for replying. i have since uninstalled chrome and reinstalled. havent tried out that site though as i hate restarting my PC ;). 

I have my speakers (studio speakers) connected into the back of my PC in the green circle socket (audio in maybe its called-it has a green colour circle). My monitor is connected into the back of the computer also where it has all them pins in. I actually have to connect it into some other pin thing then I can connect it to the back of my PC.

What ive been doing also recently is turning my speakers on when my monitor is off as sometimes when i turn speakers on my monitor flips out and i have a non working screen till i reset. Also when i turn my speakers off to shutdown my PC the speakers make sometimes pop sound. I think i can stop this from happening if i turn my monitor off first then speakers off. I think i read that there maybe interference between speakers and my monitor.

I havent tried the website with the speakers off now, not yet.

Something bad actually, a few months ago we had a power cut then it came back on but my PC still had the power switch left on. I had to buy a new PSU. Fortunately my PC still works ok only with needing a new PSU. Maybe this didnt help my PC's health though ^^. 

I am having the odd issue with my monitor and speakers though too. Where when i turn my speakers on (sometimes) the monitor flips out and results me in having to restart PC. This doesnt occur if i have the monitor off before i turn the speakers on - then i turn on the monitor and all is ok. When i go to shutdown my PC sometimes when i turn the speakers off i hear an annoying pop from the speakers. That cant be normal right? Maybe if i turn my monitor off before i switch speakers off that noise wont happen. Again, maybe there is interference between the speakers and monitor being kinda nearby each other.

Sorry, ive gone on abit. I might of brought up some other issue im having as well but thought id speak my mind on what issues im having.

Thanks for the reply again.

Edited by LikeGames, 28 December 2015 - 01:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users