Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Version of Secunia PSI ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 928 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 22 December 2015 - 08:19 AM

Recently I have been receiving notifications via system tray that a new version of Secunia PSI is available. I currently have version 3.0 installed. When I click on the notification, it flashes for a split-second, then goes to my current Secunia 3.0 install, which, incidently, it shows 'All Programs Up To Date'. This has been happening for a couple days now and only occurs at the start of day when PC is first turned on.

I've checked the Secunia Official website and there appears to be no newer update. However it does show that Secunia has been recently sold and at that page you are prompted to fill in info (name, email, etc) prior to download.

Has anyone else experienced this ?  I wonder if it has to do with new owners wanting to gather info from users ??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2015 - 11:43 AM

I got rid of the notification by going to their website and downloading Secunia. The notification doesn't seem to update but it doesn't go away either. IIRC, the sale of the company won't affect the product.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,762 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 22 December 2015 - 01:17 PM

Maybe uninstalling it, reboot, and then go to Secunia and install 3.0
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 dannyboy950

dannyboy950

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 22 December 2015 - 05:02 PM

I posted about that awhile back. There seemed to be little information on what may or may not happen. The company that bought them out offers most of the same services for pay. whether they will incorporate secunia's stuff or just getting rid of the competition remains to be seen.

There were several articles about the merger/buy-out and some mention of a eventual end of life but no specific dates.

HP 15-f009wm notebook AMD-E1-2100 APV 1Ghz Processor 8 GB memory 500 GB Hdd

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinamon

#5 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:42 PM

Their current product is a business product and Secunia is a consumer product. So it's complimentary to their current product.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users