Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Failure configuring windows updates LOOP!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Electricfat

Electricfat

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 22 December 2015 - 12:20 AM

Guys...I screwed up. I need help bad. So what I did was let windows install some updates. This was fine but then it said "failure configuring windows updates. reverting changes. do not turn off your computer." So I let it but it has been going for ages and it just wont move. Its stuck in a loop !!!! I try and try again but its just stuck on a loop. Also all the tutorials involve doing something while logged on, but I can't log on as it is STUCK IN A LOOP !!!!. 

As you can see I need help. Please help me out here lol. The PC is a Toshiba Satellite P850.  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 PM

Posted 22 December 2015 - 08:49 AM

If it is still stuck in the loop force a hard shutdown.  Cross your finger and restart the computer.

Let us know the results.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 jinxiang

jinxiang

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 AM

Posted 22 December 2015 - 11:34 AM

You may try to boot into safemode, and do a system restore, see whether will it works.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,590 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2015 - 11:40 AM

You may try to boot into safemode, and do a system restore, see whether will it works.

You have to be able to boot into Windows 8.1 in order to setup the System Configuration to boot into Safe Mode.  If this loop has damaged the file system they may not be able to boot into Windows.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Jaycan

Jaycan

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 23 December 2015 - 03:15 AM

@ Electricfat,

Please follow dc3 as it needs a re-boot to continue >> " If it is still stuck in the loop force a hard shutdown.  Cross your finger and restart the computer."

Note : " .......... do not turn off your computer.", is a generic message that something is wrong, and your computer is unable to continue without help from you.

This has been caused several times with recent updates.

Once rebooted as directed (Note :this may take several attempts), please tell us the situation..

Start Windows 8 in safe mode

Acer Computer with LG Monitor and Toshiba Laptop with Windows 7.1

Windows 64bit  8.1 - Always fully updated

Firefox / Google Chrome / Internet Explorer Browsers

Usually a home helper here or with friends and nimble fingered ladies who would rather sew or dust, but not clean the bugs out of a computer ...

#6 Electricfat

Electricfat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 01 January 2016 - 12:04 AM

I solved it but I created another issue. I could not even do anything to the pc so I had to install windows 8.1 via disk. However the issue is that I used a Microsoft issue meaning it doesn't have all the Toshiba drivers which is a pain as now none of my hotkeys and fn buttons work. 

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,590 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:33 AM

Go to the Toshiba website, click on Drivers & Updates.  You will find your drivers there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users