Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

High CPU/GPU usage crashes tablet

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 xFuentes

xFuentes

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 21 December 2015 - 10:45 PM

[Newbie here, just made an account to find help after Samsung expected me to pay 300$ to repair a 200$ tablet]

My tablet has been restarting itself and shutting itself down out of nowhere. Im stuck at the homescreen, as soon as I slide to unlock the tablet, it shows these weird lines across the screen and reboots itself in an endless loop. The only way I can get past the unlock screen is by connecting the tablet to a power source or to my computer, which halts the problem until I disconnect it again.

I tried my best to figure out what the problem was, and I reached the conclusion that its a GPU/CPU problem. 

When I activate the power saving mode on my tablet (Samsung Galaxy S [SM-T700]), the problem subdues dramatically (only the artifact lines show occasionally) and the random rebooting stops. 

The power saving mode bottlenecks the CPU performance to reduce battery usage, which might be the reason the issue subdues. However, as soon as I deactivate the power saving mode, the tablet immediately crashes and reboots itself and the problem repeats.

I have tried a soft reset, a hard reset, and a whole factory reset, as requested by Samsung support) and it does nothing. In fact, the tablet crashed right after I got through the Welcome page.

Ive had this tablet for about three months and it has worked fine until recently. I do have to say I use it alot, however.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users