Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Canīt Remove Spyware. Help Please.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Yanez

Yanez

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 21 December 2015 - 07:43 PM

Hello everyone, 

I have a windows 7 home edition laptop that has been infected with malware that i cannot remove. According to research, Malware bytes would solve the problem, but cant run it, and Chameleon mode wont work.

I have some adware that pretty much gives me ads. On google chome extensions I have Mouse Drag 2.1.4 which I cannot remove. I already have tried developer mode and look in the registry with the ID, but if and when i find it, just comes back.

Before posting this I removed all antispyware software on my pc, and did a clean uninstall of Malware bytes (NOTE: have the free edition).

Like I mentioned before, I cannot download malware bytes through the main site, so I get it from download.com. I have tried renaming it Firefox or Explorer but to no avail, it simply wont start. Tried running in admin mode, nothing. 

According to most of the research Ive done, Malware bytes will indeed fix my problem, but just cannot get it to run. 

Ive also tried a few other spyware programs to no avail.

Thank you in advamce

As of now i have zero adware software installed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 satchfan

satchfan

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,792 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 AM

Posted 22 December 2015 - 08:57 AM

Hello Yanez and welcome to Bleeping Computer.

You have posted in multiple forums which is not fair on the volunteers who offer their free time and can also lead to confusion for you if you receive conflicting advice.

As it appears that you are receiving help here so I’ll close this topic.

Satchfan

My help is always free of charge. If you are happy with the help provided, if you wish you can make a donation to buy me a beer.

#3 satchfan

satchfan

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,792 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 AM

Posted 22 December 2015 - 08:57 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

My help is always free of charge. If you are happy with the help provided, if you wish you can make a donation to buy me a beer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users