Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 10 and Open Office

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dannyboy950

dannyboy950

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 20 December 2015 - 01:20 PM

I have been using open office for several years now. I notice when I compose a post in open office and then try to paste in BC,s reply window that it does not seem to like the ODT file format.  The post renders out like it is triple spaced or more.

Would anyone know why. Do I need to save it as plain text first before copy and pasteing or what?

I have a rather long post I need to compile offline and I would rather not take up a lot more space than necessary.

I see from some posts this is happening to others also so it is not just me alone.

Edited by hamluis, 15 January 2016 - 12:52 PM.
Moved from All Other Apps to Comments - Hamluis.

HP 15-f009wm notebook AMD-E1-2100 APV 1Ghz Processor 8 GB memory 500 GB Hdd

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinamon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Johnny Computer

Johnny Computer

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 20 December 2015 - 01:58 PM

Hi Dannyboy950-

I have used both Open Office and Word 2013 to compose replies extensively here at BC.  The best combination I have found has been to use the Word option to paste the text.  It works best with Word but it may give you better results then pasting normally with Open Office as well.

So, when composing your reply click the “More Reply Options” box.  Then on the next screen click on the “Paste from Word” option and then paste into the box that opens.  That may or may not  help.  If you have access to Word that keeps the formatting the best in my experience.

-----------------------------

NWRkpsn.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------

KLe2PJf.jpg

-----------------------------

Additionally, if you want to get really particular and you know how,  you could always just include the BB code within your post and paste it using the button shown in the image below which toggles you back and forth from being able to post regular text to being able to post text with embedded BB code.

Qy9EY8g.jpg

Hope this helps   :) 

Edited by Johnny Computer, 20 December 2015 - 02:10 PM.

avatar591802_2.gif"DO OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users