Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 update has messed up sound devices?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Destaice

Destaice

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 20 December 2015 - 12:09 PM

(Solution Found!)

Last night my computer had received a pretty big update. Like an hour long one. Since this update my headphones have not worked properly with the computer. They work fine with other devices (my phone and a different computer).

Here is what I know. The headphones do not appear in playback devices. I tried selecting for it to show disabled devices and disconnected devices, they do not appear. The computer only shows the default speakers as the only option.

But here is the weird part. Sound is still playing through my headphones and not the speakers. The issue is that the sound is off. It doesn't sound right. Its echo-ish and just strange. So I know that there is an issue.

I've tried restoring the advanced settings to default. It didn't work.

I've tried updating all audio and software related drivers. It didn't work.

I'm not sure what the update did to my computer but it's caused my computer to no longer let headphones function properly.

Solution: Go to settings and go to Realtek HD Audio Manager. There should be a check box saying "Full Range Speakers." Deselect it.

Edited by Destaice, 21 December 2015 - 03:45 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users