Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC turns on, but no Monitor blank, Keyboard etc dont light up.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pocket1982

pocket1982

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 19 December 2015 - 11:24 PM

Hi All,

Just a simple fix I'm sure, I've completed a build with old parts of mine from just over upgrading my parts but I thought I can make a PC with these old parts and they have all proven too work before. I just had to buy a Powersupply.

Here's the build

Mother Board : Asus p6t deluxe v2

RAM: Corsair 6 Gig RAM                         (Used together these 4 parts)

CPU: i7 Processor 950

GPU: 590 Asus GTX Nvidia Graphic Card

Harddive 500G (old Hard drive from another computer)

Power Supply 700W

All works turn on it on and fans gpu fans lights up and works fine but get nothing from monitor or even keyboard thats the problem I'm faced.

Things I Did​

Tested with another GPU old 9800GT Nvidia

Took out RAM swapped them around blew out dust, Check manual to make sure they're in correct Dimm slots.

CPU has never really been taken out of the bracket. So I didn't touched that, just put CPU Cooler and paste on it.

Reinserted Sata Cables checked they we're in sata 1 and 2. DVD drive works opens and close.

Took battery out of MOB and reinserted the same one.

Cleared CMOS.

Checked all Cables are inserted properly. ​

So here It gose again I turn on the PC and everything looks fine inside the PC but no monitor even flicker or the keyboard lights don't even come on.

Very Strange.

Please put your thoughts and I'll take it in consideration.

Thanks kindly

Brad.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,354 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 20 December 2015 - 09:22 PM

Have you tried a different monitor?
How about a different cable?

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 21 December 2015 - 07:27 PM

does the motherboard have a integrated video card? if so, uninstall it, and see if it will boot from the integrated. If it will, go into the BIOS, and change the video device from the onboard to the PCI_E

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#4 pocket1982

pocket1982
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 21 December 2015 - 10:46 PM

Thanks for your replies, This is what I've done, I've used another montior and didn't work, as well as checked cables and swapped. Nothing there. I had a look to the rear of the Motherboard to see if it had a Monitor slot but nothing there checked mother board Manual and it doesn't say anything about an intergrated Graphic. I also like to add I bought a new Hard drive and tested that and you can also rule out that one too. My last things are CPU and RAM and maybe I need too take the cpu out and put it back in again as I haven't taken it out. The Ram could be dead. but either way if one isn't working you would at least get a responce from the monitor saying something or bios option come up, wouldn't you?

Edited by pocket1982, 21 December 2015 - 10:56 PM.

#5 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 22 December 2015 - 12:27 AM

probably, but wouldnt hurt to just try one stick at a time in different slots to be sure. Have you reset the CMOS by any chance? 

Edited by the_patriot11, 22 December 2015 - 12:27 AM.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users