Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Small low-end computer?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 krs000a

krs000a

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 PM

Posted 19 December 2015 - 04:30 PM

I need a small (as small as possible) computer that will NOT overheat and it must be capable of running Windows XP or 7. Of course, the cheaper the price is, the better. It does not need to have lots of RAM, memory, HD graphics and so on, the purpose I am using it for does not need it to be. Are there any of these "PC on a stick" things that can run Windows (I don't want any Android system)?

I tried a fanless mini-PC from a Chinese manufacturer and even though the specs were VERY low, it still got so hot after just a few minutes that I was afraid the insides would fry.

Edited by krs000a, 19 December 2015 - 04:30 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 676 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 19 December 2015 - 06:04 PM

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/5-silent-fanless-mini-pcs-that-will-save-you-money/

?

#3 krs000a

krs000a
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 PM

Posted 20 December 2015 - 01:36 PM

Thank you for the reply, but I need something with lower specs yet, and cheaper if possible. Can somebody custom build one?

#4 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 20 December 2015 - 09:19 PM

Lower specs?
Is there something wrong with having a fast pc?

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#5 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:35 PM

It is not possible to build a computer by hand for under $150.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users