Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost W7 OEM CD, trying to go back to 7 from 10

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 PM

Posted 19 December 2015 - 01:28 PM

So I lost my W7 installation disc, and it's been more than 30 days since I upgraded to Windows 10. I want to revert because the internet acts funny a lot and the start menu stops working after a while. But the problem is, I cannot download any installation media from the MS website because apparently they do not take OEM product keys. Is there any way at all to revert now?

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 19 December 2015 - 01:56 PM

If the recovery partition is intact you could do a factory reset but backup any data you need first. What is the make and model of the computer? Do you see a Recovery Partition in Disk Management?

#3 gigawert

gigawert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2015 - 02:01 PM

No, I built this computer, and there is no recovery partition.

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,420 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2015 - 02:05 PM

Then you are pretty much out of luck unless you kept your OEM key and can find somebody to loan you a Windows 7 iso of the same version.

#5 gigawert

gigawert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2015 - 02:11 PM

I still have my OEM key, it's on a sticker I put on my computer.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,420 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2015 - 02:17 PM

You will need to find somebody with a Windows 7 install disk as there is no legal place you can download Windows 7 if it is an OEM. If by chance this was retail then try the key here. 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users