Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB video capture

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CurtJohn

CurtJohn

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 19 December 2015 - 12:04 PM

Hello :cowboy:

I'd like to know how works a USB video capture :
- Can I plug it in my TV with the component cable, record the program, or my games when I play video games, then plug the usb video capture to my computer to exctract/see/edit what I've recorded? OR does the USB video capture needs to be plug in the TV and on the computer at the same time to record?

Link : http://www.amazon.com/Diamond-Multimedia-VC500-Video-Capture/dp/B001FAE8MA

Thanks! :wink: 61axOFOcqEL._SL1000_.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rqt

rqt

• Members
  • 374 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 PM

Posted 19 December 2015 - 01:39 PM

The device converts your analogue audio/video signals to a digital signal on the USB connection - which can then be recorded on the attached computer. 

By itself, when not connected to a computer via USB, the device has no power & so does absolutely nothing. It also has no digital storage space so even if you powered it independently it would not be capable of recording by itself.

Edited by rqt, 19 December 2015 - 01:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users