Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD after PC left idle for several hours.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tenshigirl

tenshigirl

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 19 December 2015 - 12:02 PM

So I've been having this BSOD issue since...last Friday, perhaps? It's really starting to give me anxiety.
Anyway, I only ever seem to get the BSOD after I've left my PC idle for several hours. For instance, I left my computer running while I went to go see a ballet and came back to it turned off. Last night I tried to deliberately leave it running while I went to sleep. When I woke up I saw it was still running...but I wasn't logged into my PC, so I'm assuming it restarted its self.
I'm not particularly "tech-savvy" in this department, so if you require any additional information from what I've provided I would be happy to deliver. ^__^ 

This is the analysis I received from the "Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown." I haven't a clue if it's useful information, but here you go:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
  BCCode: 9f
  BCP1: 0000000000000003
  BCP2: FFFFFA800408A060
  BCP3: FFFFF800038074D8
  BCP4: FFFFFA8008534410
  OS Version: 6_1_7601
  Service Pack: 1_0
  Product: 768_1

· OS - Windows 7
· 64-bit
· Windows 7 (Home Premium)
· OS is an OEM version

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 21 December 2015 - 05:17 AM

Please provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

Should you have problems with the perfmon report, please disregard it (I don't use it very much anyway).

Should the app lock up for more than 15 minutes while searching for Network information (it does this in my copy of W10), go ahead and kill the app. 
Then navigate to the Documents folder and zip up the 18 reports in the SysnativeFileCollectionApp folder - then upload that with your next post.

If that doesn't work, then you can try this new app (from a friend of mine):  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/
When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location.
By default it'll be a .zip file located on your Desktop
Simply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.
***********************************************************************************************************

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users