Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

What has happened here??

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 zlloyd1

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Local time:07:43 PM

Posted 19 December 2015 - 11:55 AM

I woke up this morning, and my computer was going nuts on me.... :smash:

After booting up, I was not able to access the internet, and after checking the services, it seems that every service has been disabled somehow, so I decided to try a System Restore, but it said I have no restore points

So, I tried to open a command prompt as an administrator, but it kept saying Unable to accept control messages at this time??

So it seems tht my services have all been disabled, my retore points have all been deleted, and I am not allowed to run anything as an adminstrator now. :radioactive: :radioactive: :radioactive:

I am lost here as to how to proceed, I cannot get online, I cannot run a system restore, and I am unable to access an elevated command prompt. :killcomp: :smash: :killcomp:

So, I ask again, WHAT HAPPENED HERE??

Do I need to reinstall my OS from scratch??

Thanks in advance!!

Edited by zlloyd1, 19 December 2015 - 11:56 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

• 55,000 posts
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 19 December 2015 - 12:08 PM

FWIW:  https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/f0b9bcc1-e127-4c63-b06a-cac9517e1d4b/the-service-cannot-accept-control-messages-at-this-time

Reset Services to Default\

#3 passacaglia

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 19 December 2015 - 08:56 PM

In your Run box type services.msc

This will show the status of all your services. And there is a Help tab that can be useful

In your Run box type msconfig

open the Services tab

you can do whatever you want with your services here

you can hide all Microsoft services so you can play around with all the others without causing a crash

you can enable and disable services at will

Of course, if you are in DEEP trouble, let us know what happened.

#4 RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,446 posts
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 19 December 2015 - 09:01 PM

Do I understand correctly - there are no restorable backups on external media?

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

"I heard Spock finally got colander!"  "I believe the word is Kolinahr."  "Oh."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users