Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Questions

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 abeazar

abeazar

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 19 December 2015 - 09:33 AM

Mod Edit:  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575399/mse-shows-status-potentially-unprotected/ - Hamluis.

I found a thread in Spybot Search and Destroy that helps you to identify which items are unprotected.  For me it relates to Opera, which you stated that you did not have.  I added Opera just a few days ago, so to my surprise when I ran Spybot today, for the first time, I was unable to protect all of my items.

Go to the following web address: https://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?70530-Immunization-NOT-complete-193-still-unprotected

To identify the unprotected items, after running Immunization, in the lower right hand corner, select Show Details, and it shows which items are Unprocessed, Unprotected, Protected, and Total.  Again, for me, mine showed Opera 7+ as 193 Cookies Unprotected.  I tried the steps mentioned on this web page but still no success.  If and when I find a solution, I will report it here.

I am also using the free versions of: Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit; Malwarebytes Anti-Malware; SpywareBlaster; SuperAntiSpyware Free Edition and Windows Defender.  I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and have not had any issues with it.

One more thing, should you upgrade to Windows 10, Spybot will want to upgrade to version 2.5.  If you use only Windows Defender as your Anti-Virus, you need to disable an item in Spybot or else your Windows Defender will stop working - Select Advanced Tools, Settings, System Services, and deselect under Security Center Service - Active after every reboot.  Once you do this, then Windows Defender will start working again.  It took me a while to find this solution on the web.

Edited by hamluis, 19 December 2015 - 11:43 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 19 December 2015 - 04:33 PM

When I run Immunization it says items are still unprotected. How do I fix this?
Various reasons for incomplete immunization in Spybot S&D
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users