Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Is This?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 yotaalfa

yotaalfa

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 25 July 2006 - 08:01 PM

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Curremt ControlSet\Services\wscsvc\start=W=2

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 854 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 25 July 2006 - 10:25 PM

How did you find it?
A screenshot would be nice.
Like this picture--

http://i7.tinypic.com/2111emt.jpg

Learn to take screenshots & add them to your posts. :thumbup2:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43088/how-to-capture-and-edit-a-screen-shot/#entry4532851

Learn to use Google Search.  :busy:

Make full system images to restore to if your computer goes bonkers.

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2006 - 06:08 AM

Why are you trying to delete it?

Are you having problems with the computer?

#4 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 26 July 2006 - 06:19 AM

What is the problem you are having that makes you want to modify the registry? My suggestion is to post the problem you are having so we can see what is wrong, I also suggest that you no longer try to modify the registry unless you wish to become an expert on reinstallation of Windows and that is something that could cause you in this instance to lose a lot of your data.

#5 yotaalfa

yotaalfa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2006 - 09:48 AM

I came accross this after a spybot scan. After a search on the web (I think it disables the firewall) so I have deleted it through spybot. When I started the computer Norton security was off ,I turned it on.
then checked windows firewall it was on. I ran a spybot scan did not find anything
Advise please.

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 26 July 2006 - 02:34 PM

My "Rules" on how to delete stuff:

1) Make a folder on your Desktop - call it something like "Too Risky to delete"
2) Move the file that you want to delete to this folder
3) Make a note in the folder (text document) about where it belongs (so you can put it back if you need it)
4) Wait for 2 weeks
5) Delete the file and the note to the Recycle bin (this gives it another bunch of time before the Recycle Bin empties itself.

If at any time you run into problems - just put the file back where it belongs and see if it fixes the problem. If not, follow the process again.

This gives you approximately a month to see if you need the file
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 yotaalfa

yotaalfa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2006 - 06:49 PM

For the second time I turned the ccomputer on, only to get a message (norton security is off click this bubble to fix it).Have I been highjacked? Is there a conflict between microsoft firewall and norton firewall?

#8 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2006 - 06:52 PM

You can only use one firewall at a time (resident on your computer)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users