Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installed SPEED FAN and now comp. won't boot up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 powderfinger6

powderfinger6

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 PM

Posted 19 December 2015 - 04:35 AM

Hello: I just installed the free download from this site called SPEED FAN (page #3 on download page).

It's a windows XP desktop. All (seemed) to go fine with the download & clicking the install file. Then I saw the desktop shortcut & a small screenshot that looked like the program was running BUT my mouse pointer disappeared and all I could do was to power off the computer with the power button. Now when I try to turn it back on I hear it (seem) to start (fan runs) BUT it just stays with a black screen. Does not seem to go into any sort of boot up. Just runs (fan sounds) but no sounds of the hard disk grinding out all the start up applications...Just black. Why did I ever download this thing. I thought this to be one of the better / safest sites to download from. Any help appreciated. Is there a (F) # button I should push durring startup? Do I install my backup boot CD's into the cd driver and start it?

Why would this download cause such a major issue like this??   Help please.          Tommy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 powderfinger6

powderfinger6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2015 - 04:57 AM

I seem to have resolved this problem. Or should I say it resolved itself. I unplugged power to computer, Let it sit 2 minutes. When I powered back up it booted properly and I am typing this text on it right now! I removed the application (if that's the proper term),

As it didn't seem to be showing any reading or abilities to adjust fan speeds or temps. fans would operate at...

Yes, I panicked when this happened and immediately signed up for an account here using my laptop.  LOL

I am sure there are other questions I will need to ask in the near future to try to better understand my computers.

I still would like any ideas about why you think this might have worked out the way it did. The freeze up. The lack of restart/reboot up...Not sure if a thank you is called for at this point.....LOL         But thank you anyway for being here in the future.        Tommy 

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,734 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2015 - 04:19 PM

Thanks for informing us of your resolution...happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users