Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

VLC Player

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bobbies

bobbies

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 PM

Posted 19 December 2015 - 04:07 AM

I have VLC media, to play my video´s. It plays most movies, but i have a couple of films that it says i need some Codec´s, so first is it genuine, or not. If so where could i get them from, without any viruses. If i do need them, do i have to place them in the players folder, or anything. You can probably tell i´m not computer savi. thanks. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_GNULINUX_*

Guest_GNULINUX_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 19 December 2015 - 05:57 AM

VLC doesn't need "extra" codecs...

Not genuine, please delete these movies!

Greets!

#3 Vision123

Vision123

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2015 - 01:01 PM

Install the vlc codec pack from here

http://www.vlccodec.com/

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 PM

Posted 19 December 2015 - 07:23 PM

I have come across the odd video which VLC won't play or has problems with, in which case I can usually get Windows MediaPlayer to run it. If neither of them can play any one video then I just dump it.

I use VLC as my default for audio and video and I have never been asked to acquire extra codecs.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users