Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Issue with wifi on my laptop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Salem93

Salem93

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 19 December 2015 - 01:56 AM

Hello there i would like a bit of advice with a slightly odd issue with my wifi.

As of 2 days ago for most of the day my laptop connects to our network wifi but it has an additional space and a 2 after it (eg. wireless10 2 instead of just wireless10)

sometimes during the day it reverts back to our regular wifi on my laptop for any where between half an hour and an hour and a half then changes back to the above issue.

have checked the other devices in the house and they all seem fine and can connect it is just my laptop.

(i'm horrible with the technical side of owning a pc)

any and all advice would be appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 19 December 2015 - 10:44 AM

Please post the make and model of this laptop.

Click on the start button, then type device manager in the Search programs and files box.

Device Manager will appear above the Search box, right click on it and select Run as administrator

See if there are any yellow warning icons or red error icons.

Let us know what you find.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users