Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Where Would I Look For Work Making Websites

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Aljaud

Aljaud

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 25 July 2006 - 07:16 PM

Well the title pretty much explains it. I'm decent at making websites, and I was wondering if theres any good websites similar to guru.com where Designers can make websites for people who need them, for a little bit of money - But i don't want to have to pay a membership fee to guru.com. Any other ideas/websites that could help? Thanks :D

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 25 July 2006 - 10:19 PM

Have you considered maybe setting up your own web page advertising your services, along with samples of your work? Most people I know hire based on word of mouth, so you may want to consider creating a page for some local charity so that others can see what you are capable of. Even if you do eventually find a place to 'advertise' your services, you are still going to need some sort of an online presence so that people can see your work.

#3 Aljaud

Aljaud
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 26 July 2006 - 09:51 AM

Well, I have my own website, and i have examples of my photoshop work *only 2 websites* but many sigs, etc..But the problem is - getting traffic to my website. I WOULD pay for ads n crap but i don't have any money lol that's why im doing this. :thumbsup:

#4 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 27 July 2006 - 08:10 PM

If your locality has a craigslist.org or similar website, advertise your services there.

#5 ebookmani

ebookmani

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 02 August 2006 - 09:52 AM

There are lot of websites offering, if you have heard about linkreferral that would be gr8 to get traffic and also lot of ad boards are there

#6 zerorelation

zerorelation

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 08 August 2006 - 03:21 PM

Couldn't hurt to whip up some designs and submit them to OSWD.org either. There are many people there that will, if using your design, leave a footer intact. It'll help you gain some 'web cred' too. Just a thought...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users