Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC Shuts Off Randomly PLEASE HELP ME

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 iboss416

iboss416

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2015 - 05:41 PM

I have a PC that I have been trying to fix for 2 years I BEG FOR HELP invested over 100hrs and money I have never had a PC issue I could not fix 

here are the specs

MOBO Asus ROG Maximus III Formula https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_III_FORMULA/
CPU I7 860
GPU AMD 6900 SERIES
RAM 4GB of Patriot Sector 5 ddr 3 1333

Okay so the issue is the PC will shut off randomly when idle searching web or watching movies etc... no BSOD no warning shut OFF like u pulled the plug...

but it will not shut off if u run OS off a USB and it will not shut off when idle in BIOS I can Recreate the issue (MAKE IT SHUT OFF) by copying a large file to my HDD  

after determing that it is not a software related issue 

first thing I did was replace the PSU and was shocked it was still performing these random shut downs

then I bought a new HDD and after installing OS and thinking everything was good POOF shuts off again so I got MAD and left this PC aside for a few months

then I returned determined... updated bios left PC idle in BIOS to see if it would shut down in BIOS randomly and the PC DID NOT SHUT OFF in BIOS so PSU is working atleast

So I decided to install Linux on a USB and run a os through USB so the PC seems to not shut off when using USB OS but the moment I try to COpy a file to or from HDD POOF.... after hours of trouble shooting I figured it is the MOBO's Sata Controller 

here I AM TODAY trying to get this thing going for the last time I went online bought a PCIE Sata Controller Card thinking that the issue is with the On Board Sata controller

So i got the sata controller in got the windows 10 going installed gpu drivers everything was looking great I WAS HAPPY and then it happen POOF i am now mad again but this time I am asking for help

I have bought a new HDD and PSU also tested different RAM bought a pcie sata controller card updated all drivers/bios

all temps are great nothing is getting hot or failing when running prime95 and furmark

I can Repeat the issue buy transferring Large files to the HDD other then that it will randomly shut off

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,095 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 21 December 2015 - 10:08 AM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

#3 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 21 December 2015 - 07:27 PM

Sounds like a motherboard problem.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler