Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer acting weird, and doesn't display anything.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 General3245

General3245

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 AM

Posted 18 December 2015 - 05:30 PM

Hello, I recently started experiencing issues with my computer. It would randomly but rarely minimize all windows, and sometimes close them. However, recently it escalated. So far, in fact, that I don't have a task bar or background anymore, I do not know what to do, and I have tried everything i could think of. I scanned for malware, and I tried to reinstall windows, but it didn't let me open the settings menu. I tried to uninstall all of my software, but it didn't let me do that either! I have been sitting here watching my PC slowly die while trying to figure out what is wrong, but I found nothing wrong! I came here because it no longer boots correctly and just displays absolutely nothing but the few programs that act as if nothing happened.

Edit:

I realized history would help.

It all started when i noticed my firewalls where randomly down. I said "that's no big issue, i can just turn them back on!", but neither of them turned on (i had 2 at the time). I installed 3 more at the time, then instantly noticed my dumb decision and uninstalled 2 of them. Then, I tried to get cortana to work. It didn't work, so i waited a few days, and eventually it did work. Next thing that happened is that no settings menus would open (i think it was bitdefender that i kept for the antivirus), a long freeze, then a reboot. Then it booted up to the login screen and i logged in. It then loaded me onto a blank screen. 

The way I opened chrome is by using advanced system care, clicking on the "buy now" button which opens your default web browser.

I do not know my exact parts, and don't know if you would need them, just ask if you do.

Edited by General3245, 18 December 2015 - 06:01 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ChuckPasadena

ChuckPasadena

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2015 - 06:08 PM

You might want to post a copy of your post in the Windows Crashes, BSOD, and Hangs Help and Support forum as well as this seems to be right up their alley (my level of expertise is pretty much limited to giving anyone with Firefox problems the correct link for the step by step Firefox troubleshooting guide at mozilla.org)

Edited by ChuckPasadena, 18 December 2015 - 06:09 PM.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 20 December 2015 - 02:25 PM

First try seeing if you're infected:  I'd suggest posting over in the Am I Infected forum:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/
Please read the pinned topics at the top of the forum for instructions on how to post there.

If it's not infected, then post back here with these reports:

Let's try looking at these reports:

1)  Please provide this information (even though you may not be reporting BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

2)  Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 espinozaj140

espinozaj140

• Banned Spammer
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 PM

Posted 20 December 2015 - 08:53 PM

Hi, have you reinstalled the display drivers?

#5 General3245

General3245
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2015 - 01:13 AM

usasma and espinozaj140, i started a different post in a different section of the forums, and it was moved back to the section this is in. It turns out it was more than likely one of my anti-malware products, however i have fully fixed the issue as of now. You can find that post here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/599850/computer-acting-strange-when-i-rebooted-it-shows-very-little/

It also turns out that most of the windows recommended fixes (sfc /scannow, and those kind of things) didn't work. However, i stopped updating that because i found a way around it. However it did come back, so I had to go to a part in control panel and diagnose hardware/driver issues, which fixed it.

Also, i used everything i had to check if i was infected. There was no sign of anything messing with my pc, except for the strange open port on my pc(port 53), everything that i fixed by removing excess firewalls. The port i was talking about is blocked by my firewall, though. I am new to forums, and I am glad that someone helped me with it.

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 21 December 2015 - 06:11 AM

Sorry for the runaround - sometimes we see potential problems that others don't.  So we try to send you to the best place to get them fixed.

I apologize for any confusion that this may have caused.

I'm glad that you were able to get some assistance and have been able to resolve the problem.

Thanks for your patience and good luck to you!

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 wfallon

wfallon

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 AM

Posted 24 December 2015 - 09:37 AM

Advanced SystemCare is snake oil, get rid of it and any other garbage you have installed.

Reinstall or update your graphics driver. Then you'll have an idea of where you are.

I suspect that you've done enough damage to the file system and registry that you'll have to do a Reinstall.

Bill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users