Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Realtek HD Audio Sound keeps breaking

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 melarith

melarith

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 18 December 2015 - 05:07 PM

I'm having an incredibly frustrating issue with my sound where it randomly, for no reason that I can find,- stops working completely. I've reinstalled my audio drivers, ensured they're up to date, I've run chkdsk's and done just about everything short of a reinstall, but no dice.

When the audio breaks, spam-disabling and re-enabling the speaker in Playback devices will occasionally solve it for a few more minutes before it eventually breaks completely again, forcing me to reboot. This happens every once every 20-40 minutes, with no pattern or any trigger that I've been able to find.

The bars in the volume mixer are still moving as if sound is playing, the in-built Windows 10 audio troubleshooter can't find any problems, and my music player keeps playing music etc. as usual. The only indicator that the sound has stopped working (beyond the obvious lack of sound) is that youtube videos get choppy and start stuttering.

Here is what my Device Manager shows in sound and audio; http://i.imgur.com/WC93PiI.png Note that disabling/enabling High Definition Audio and Realtek Audio in various combinations does nothing to fix the issue.

Here's my dxdiag log; http://www.filedropper.com/dxdiag_1 I'm using Windows 10, and my motherboard is an Acer FMP55

I'm at the end of my rope with this. I've been on several tech support forums, and contacted Windows 10 support, but have been given no useful solution. I'm hoping someone here can find what's wrong before I'm forced to go and get a new computer.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ChuckPasadena

ChuckPasadena

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 18 December 2015 - 11:59 PM

Have you looked in your Events Manager to see what it shows at the time this happens? That might be the best place to start because your audio devices shouldn't have anything to do with the with the YouTube video playback issues and it might be a problem with something else entirely that takes out your audio playback as collateral damage

#3 socklosk

socklosk

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 AM

Posted 19 December 2015 - 10:56 AM

Just a reminder to run anti-virus, Malwarebytes and AdwCleaner. 

Did you load any third-party software lately? 

Try a clean boot and see if things work. If so, then start loading the processes one by one. 

Edited by socklosk, 19 December 2015 - 11:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users