Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AMD software update has all images fading-in slowly.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 D_Blackwell

D_Blackwell

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 18 December 2015 - 02:22 PM

I allowed an AMD software update for drivers, though no telling what else was in .exe package.  Images now fade-in with every application (Windows 10).  No more instant image, or instant anything.  Can't even click, click, click and delete emails.  I have to delete one, then wait for the fade, then delete the next . . . .  Sure, I can select and delete a bunch at once, but the larger problem is the images of any kind fade-in.  Is there a setting that I can change to fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,480 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 18 December 2015 - 02:55 PM

Pressing Winkey+Pause opens.. Control Panel\System and Security\System

Under advanced tab click on performance.

Under visual tab you can adjust all visual effects.

I usually set it on custom and smooth edges of screen fonts.

Edited by technonymous, 18 December 2015 - 02:56 PM.

#3 D_Blackwell

D_Blackwell
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 18 December 2015 - 10:02 PM

It already had "smooth edges . . .", but set to "Custom" anyway.  No change.

Needed to make a webcam video and discovered that the issue was especially severe, making my Logitech webcam completely unusable.  This is an essential tool.

Did a little more searching and decided to try a driver rollback.  It didn't like that one bit and there was a lot of screen flickering, but a restart to finish things off took care of that.

Looks like maybe that worked.  Webcam back to normal.  Outlook back to normal.  Early yet, but not seeing this 'fade-in' lag so far.  I knew that I should have refused that update, same as I did the HP update.  These both came in after recently updating to Windows 10, which I put off until Microsoft practically put a gun to my head to go ahead with it.

Refusing the HP update was easy.  Their software always sucks and so do their updates.  The AMD update had me nervous, but I wanted to believe that it was the 'smart and right thing' to do.  Turned out to be a huge problem.  Video lag in literally every single program and application.

#4 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,480 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 18 December 2015 - 10:11 PM

Was it that new AMD Radeon Settings cnext? Or Crimson.

Edited by technonymous, 18 December 2015 - 10:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users