Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

LNK/Agent.BZ trojan on Thumbdrive - 15 of 16 gigs sealed off

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 thaiguy

thaiguy

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 18 December 2015 - 07:07 AM

I had to use my thumb drive recently on a public machine and, of course, a virus ended up on it. Thankfully either Avast or Panda sealed off the Trojan - LNK/Agent.BZ trojan - but unfortunately this also means I'm unable to access 15 of the 16 gigs that has lots of data I want to copy off of it. I hope somehow there's a way to scrub the Trojan and make the rest of the drive safe again, granting me access to the whole thing.

Frustrated by Malwarebytes and Avast (free versions installed on laptop - Lenovo G400 running Win 7 64x bit) not being able to even show me what was up, I did a free online ESET scan and was shown this - check out my screengrab.

So where to go with this? Any help is appreciated.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,480 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 18 December 2015 - 02:36 PM

Free trials will typically not have full capabilities as retail. They may not have real-time, web, e-mail ,heuristics functionality. Or, Detect, but not repair the files. They may not update as often etc.

However, you can still try to run it through a barrage of different antivirus tools. I wouldn't recommend installing more than one antivirus. Some do have stand alone portable tools.

Here's some links for you.

Best Free portable Apps (Check out the Security/Privacy)

These are all About.com articles. http://freebies.about.com & http://pcsupport.about.com/

Best 23 Free On-Demand Virus scanners

Best 18 free AntiVirus programs for 2015

15 Free bootable AntiVirus Tools

Edited by technonymous, 18 December 2015 - 02:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users