Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Background Task version changes with build 36

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,471 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 PM

Posted 17 December 2015 - 11:27 PM

I've been running GlassWire on my system and just got the alert,  "Application Info Changed - the application version changed from 6.2.10586 to 6.2.10586.35" for Wireless Background Task.

I suspect this is what's fixing the WiFi woes that so many have been having lately.

Brian AKA Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

In a modern society where everyone thinks their opinion deserves to be heard nothing annoys me more than individuals who mistake their personal preferences for fact.

~ Commenter TheCruyffGurn on the The Guardian website, 8/13/2014

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2015 - 05:55 AM

Nice catch!

How do you like GlassWire?

Do you find it useful?  If so, for what?

Do you get many notifications of version changes?

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• Topic Starter

• 7,471 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2015 - 10:09 AM

usasma,

It's too early to say "how I like" GlassWire because it's really in its earliest stages of data collection.

I have found it very useful in terms of seeing what's actually making connections out to the internet, how often, and, as you noted, notifications of version changes on software it's been monitoring when that occurs.

I don't get tons of notifications, period.  Most were within the first few hours to day or so as various things were connecting.  For those who believe that Windows 10 telemetry is this endless stream of data it quickly puts that idea to bed, particularly if you've done the minor settings tweaking to disable the Cortana service and other options you either don't use or don't want data gathering from.

I'll be curious to see what patterns emerge over the coming weeks and months.

Brian AKA Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

In a modern society where everyone thinks their opinion deserves to be heard nothing annoys me more than individuals who mistake their personal preferences for fact.

~ Commenter TheCruyffGurn on the The Guardian website, 8/13/2014

#4 dannyboy950

dannyboy950

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 AM

Posted 19 December 2015 - 03:43 PM

My last 2 weeks of use of glasswire I noticed an abnormal amount of dns resets sometimes as many as 5 or 6 a day. Then win 10 crashed and I been dealing with that instead.  You may notice a lot of connections to akamie servers.

HP 15-f009wm notebook AMD-E1-2100 APV 1Ghz Processor 8 GB memory 500 GB Hdd

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinamon

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2015 - 07:55 PM

Thanks for the info.  I'll give GlassWire a try as I'm able to get some time to work with it.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users