Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Dvd Burner

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RainerRuination

RainerRuination

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 25 July 2006 - 06:23 PM

Alright so I just bought a new DVD Burner. Installed it but its not showing up in My Computer. It opens and closes so I know it's somewhat working. I had a previous DVD Burner inside my cpu before but it stopped burning things but it never had problems. Im out of ideas what to do. Also my main drive doesnt show what you put in (As in show or start up the disc when I enter it, I have to double click the drive or Explore it to get anything out of it, happened with the other old DVD burner as well). So please help me out, I am in need to use this thing soon...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JPHarvey

JPHarvey

• Members
  • 508 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 25 July 2006 - 06:46 PM

What do you mean by your 'Main Drive'? Do you mean that you have another CD/DVD drive in addition to the new one you have purchased?

The problem may be the jumper setting son the back of your DVD drive...
[CPU]Intel E6600 Core 2 Duo @ 3.19GHz
[MoBo]ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium (nForce590)
[RAM]4GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 CL4 @ 710MHz
[GPU]XFX 8800 GTX 768MB [SLI] @ Stock
[PSU]CoolerMaster 1kW
[Audio]ASUS Xonar D2
[Case]Antec Nine Hundred
[OS]Windows Vista Ultimate 64
[LCD]SAMSUNG 226BW
[Other]WC'd CPU & SLI

#3 RainerRuination

RainerRuination
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2006 - 08:14 PM

What do you mean by your 'Main Drive'? Do you mean that you have another CD/DVD drive in addition to the new one you have purchased?

The problem may be the jumper setting son the back of your DVD drive...

Yeah I have a normal DVD player ive had in this system for a long time now. Ill try reconnecting it and such, ill see what happens.

#4 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 25 July 2006 - 09:42 PM

If you just bought this dvd burner large chances are that it is set to the "Master" jumper setting. If this is on the connector in the middle of the ribbon then you need to set it to the "Slave" jumper position. Check the manual that came with the dvd burner or check on the burner itself underneath or something and you will probably have a diagram of somesort somewhere.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:
Klink

Edited by Klinkaroo, 25 July 2006 - 09:42 PM.

#5 RainerRuination

RainerRuination
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2006 - 10:20 PM

Thank you very much Klinkaroo, I got it fixed now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users