Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I think I fried my PC via Static??

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CrocoKing

CrocoKing

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 17 December 2015 - 11:01 PM

I was installing a PCI-E port wifi adapter for my custom desktop PC. I did the usual thing when I install hardware, unplug all the cords and touch my tower to prevent static. I inserted it, closed it back up, but now it will not turn on. The little green light on the mobo is on showing it is receiving power but nothing. I've cycled power (pressed the power button while it was unplugged, holding it for 15 sec, etc) Used different outlets, but nothing. I don't have the liberty of seeing if it just a PSU issue by trying another since I only have one.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 panthera0404

panthera0404

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 AM

Posted 18 December 2015 - 09:33 AM

did you try to remove wifi adapter?

#3 CrocoKing

CrocoKing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 18 December 2015 - 09:50 AM

I did, nothing.

#4 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,369 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 18 December 2015 - 11:11 AM

Check for bad capacitors on your motherboard for signs of swelling.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#5 panthera0404

panthera0404

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 AM

Posted 18 December 2015 - 12:53 PM

take out 24pin from motherboard and short green and any black wire(with psu off). then when you short green and black turn psu on. power supply should turn on. if not PSU is dead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users