Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anyone know programs that can scan my computer for out of date drivers?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CalusBlade

CalusBlade

• Members
  • 538 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 17 December 2015 - 08:33 PM

So I updated a few drivers already but I can't help but feel there are still some out of date.  Are there any programs that scan for out of date drivers?

Edited by hamluis, 18 December 2015 - 02:30 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to All Other Apps - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 17 December 2015 - 08:42 PM

Drivers don't really need updating in most cases. If the device works, it works.

You can get some advantages by updating your chipset, video and network drivers (check your machine model page on your manufacturers website), but more often than not these provide little benefit and only fix bugs that occur in some instances/configurations.

AVOID driver updating software like the plague. They hose systems, break devices, download malware and add unnecessary system strain with no benefit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users