Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possible malware on USB device

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RNGreed

RNGreed

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 17 December 2015 - 05:44 PM

So I have a playstation 2 controller to USB adapter that I use with my current computer. I'm about to get a new computer in a few days. There are dozens of reports that the adapter I have is loaded with malware. I don't remember if I had to remove any viruses from this computer from the adapter since I bought it years ago. Is there any way to quarantine the USB device from installing anything on my new computer or a way to block it installing anything completely so I can download the drivers myself?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 17 December 2015 - 08:21 PM

You can use Panda USB Vaccine.

It won't remove the malware on it, (the only way to do that is by formatting the device, generally) but it will protect it from further infection and protect your PC from being infected by it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users