Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anyone hear of "error 1722 repair tool"?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 guit30

guit30

• Members
  • 238 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 17 December 2015 - 03:11 PM

I was on AArp website and after I sent them a note, there was this, you need to use "error 1722 repair tool", I never heard of it and am leary of stuff like this.

Jim

Eset Nod32 vs 8

Super Anti Spyware

Secunia 2.0

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2015 - 03:43 PM

http://www.pchealthboost.com/lp/error-repair/fix-windows-installer-error-1722.php

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2015 - 04:04 PM

If it is the same as the link posted above I would stay to heck away from it.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 17 December 2015 - 06:32 PM

IMO...these tools for specific Windows errors...are just registry "cleaners/optimizers" in disguise that go in and edit the registry, whether such is necessary or not.  Considering that Windows rarely has the exact same cause for any given error...I would not entertain the idea of bothering with these purported fixes.  You can always get a clue by looking at what it is that you are supposed to download...then reading about what it purports to do for your system.

FWIW

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users