Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Build Wont Start Up ( Lights+Power but no Display)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ronan8

Ronan8

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2015 - 03:02 AM

Hello, I just finished building a gaming PC, first build ever and its not booting up.

X99A Raider MOBO

I7 5820k CPU

EVGA GTX 980

730 Watt PSU

16GB DDR4 Ram can't remember speed off the top of my head

Closed System Liquid Cooler

WD Black 1TB HDD

I hit the power button and it starts up, the lights on the CPU cooler turn on, the graphics card lights are on, and all the fans kick on.

CD tray will open and immediately close, but it functions. 

I have it plugged into my tv which worked fine for my last PC, the tv is saying its not registering a connection though so nothing is coming through the display output.

I tried a different graphics card from my other pc and it did the same thing, wouldnt bring up anything.

There is no OS installed, the graphics card isnt installed also but I figured it would boot to install an OS then take the MOBO CD and then go to install the card.

Its basically a very expensive night light at the moment haha. My thoughts are either the HDD, MOBO, or CPU has failed but I do not know how to isolate and check them like I did the graphics card.

Anybody have any advice or hell could I have possibly just plugged something up wrong? I've tried different SATA ports for the HDD so far and didnt make a difference.

Thank you guys very much

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 AM

Posted 17 December 2015 - 08:26 AM

Do you get display from the integrated graphics?
Oh and sweet nightlight.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3 Ronan8

Ronan8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2015 - 08:37 AM

I dont believe the MOBO has integrated graphics, theres no display hookup on it aside from the graphics card. The second card I tried in it works for certain though but gave the same issue no display output at all. I'm at a complete loss haha. Thank you it is a gorgeous night light, it hums to me the song of its people.

I'm just not experienced with building PC's, I feel like its something obvious cause of how it turns on just doesnt put out anything on the display. I'm gonna run it by a shop later this morning and see if they cant test out individual parts, once again I'm inexperienced so I'm hoping its like a car and you can just run a diagnostic on the whole system from a external tool.

#4 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,019 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 AM

Posted 17 December 2015 - 09:16 PM

Do you have a monitor you can try? What beeps are you getting on start up?

Edited by OldPhil, 17 December 2015 - 09:18 PM.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users