Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

search software for particular word in a CD?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 44guy

44guy

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 16 December 2015 - 07:50 PM

Does anyone know of any software which will search a CD, while it is playing, for a particular word and stop the cd in place when it finds the word?  In orther words it is like an F2 find and search function in a word processor. Is there any such program or software to search a CD for mention of a specific word or phrase?

If anyone is knowledgable about such software, I would appreciate a response.  Thank you,.  44Guy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 16 December 2015 - 09:00 PM

I'm not aware of a way to do it on Windows.

It can be done on Linux, but it is above a novice user level application.

#3 44guy

44guy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2015 - 04:02 PM

I'm not aware of a way to do it on Windows.

It can be done on Linux, but it is above a novice user level application.

I've tried googling the topic and all you get are search engines for words in documents.  I'm convinced there must be software out there for doing this, but so far I haven't been able to locate it.  I don't think Windows has anything in it either that will do this. 

But, somewhere, somehow perhaps if I keep searching I will find it.  It really can't be that difficult, but I am not a programming expert- i HAVE TO FIND ONE!

Send them to me.  Real "experts" are difficult to findl   Thanks for taking the time to reply. This may be way beyond the domain  of the

averaged self styled Geek!   44 guy 

#4 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2015 - 05:20 PM

Let me Google that for you.

#5 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,540 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 21 December 2015 - 03:39 PM

Wow, that was really cool. How can I create one of those?

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#6 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:24 AM

Do I really have to Google that for you also?

:lmao:

#7 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 6,883 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:35 PM

Let me Google, "Let me Google that for you."

Go to their site, enter your search terms, click the "Type a question, click a button" button, get the link to paste that does a "Let me Google that for you" for the search terms you entered.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

#8 44guy

44guy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2015 - 11:32 AM

Let me Google, "Let me Google that for you."

Go to their site, enter your search terms, click the "Type a question, click a button" button, get the link to paste that does a "Let me Google that for you" for the search terms you entered.

In the words of columnist/reporter Mike Royko: "As hard as I try to be sensitive and politically correct, I can't avoid bumping my way into boorish opinions, thus offending those who are truly enlightened.": 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users