Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 installation-issues

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Learncode

Learncode

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2015 - 07:25 PM

Hi everyone! I need help! I tried to install win 7 on my pc, wich previously had on it the same version of win,i.e. win7 , but i encountered a problem so i couldn't finish the installation. During installation process (i wanted to do a custom installation, therefore i started my pc by booting the CD containing the windows7), when i had to choose the partition on wich to install windows I wanted to be the same partition containing the old windows but foolishly i formated it first. So after i formated it i selected it as the one on wich the windows to be installed. After step COPYING WINDOWS FILES was checked, installation stoped at step EXPANDING WINDOWS FILES. It appeared a window that says: The installation was canceled; windows cannot install required files.the file may be corrupt or missing.Make sure all files required for installation are available and restart the installation. Error code : 0*80070017.
I repeated the install process several times ,nothing changed.
I tried to start my pc normally but appears every time this: Windows boot manager; windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:
1.insert your windows disk and restart computer.
2.choose your lang settings and click Next.
3.click "repair your computer"

I took all these steps but when i do'repair your computer' shows up a window "system recovery options" in wich appears another one "searching for windows installations".this search brings no result and the windows closes.
The"system recovery options" provides 2 options to try but none offerred me a solution to finish windows installation.
Practically, i'm stuck. I looked for info online but i didn't find anything 4 my problem.
Please help me.! Was this problem caused by me formating the partition containing old windows?
Either way, what options do I have to make computer work?
I would appreciate your advices. I've been struggling with this for 4 days now.
Thank you in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 16 December 2015 - 07:39 PM

Let's stop doing [que FDR] again and again what has not worked.  Take a very long careful look at the DVD -- are there any stray scratches, mars, blemishes, fingerprints, faults, etc.?  If so, apply a micro-filter[?] specially-designed cloth and carefully in an "across-the-tracks" motion buff out any such undesired blemishes and whatnots.  Also, get a good proper cleaning CD-DVD for the computer's cd-dvd drive.  Perhaps let dc3 or Hamlius advise 'cause they know of the best cleaning materials to buy and use.  I haven't really kept up with that part of technology, so I'll be listenin' in.

Then, if the DVD will boot into the first blue menu, only choose the default-format HD, default-clean-install of Windows.  If you have more than one HD, if possible, dis-engage any internal or external HD until install is finished.

Edited by RolandJS, 16 December 2015 - 07:41 PM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#3 saw101

saw101

• Members
  • 474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 16 December 2015 - 07:50 PM

Are you using a factory copy of Win 7?

The error message usually means either a bad DVD, or a read error on the DVD drive.

As RolandJS asks above, "are there any stray scratches, mars, blemishes, fingerprints, faults, etc.?"

If your disc is clean, you could try installing using a different DVD drive.

Provide make & model of computer, & service tag number if a Dell.

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

#4 richcbro

richcbro

• Members
  • 375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 PM

Posted 17 December 2015 - 05:09 AM

The Windows disk is corrupted, you have to download the ISO again and create a bootable disk to install Windows. Because have formatted your hard drive before install so you cannot boot into Windows anymore, the only way is to create a bootable disk from another computer, or borrow the disk from someone who has.

Edited by batman1234, 17 December 2015 - 05:09 AM.

CPU: Intel i7-8700K 5.3 GHz ------ RAM: 32GB TridentZ 3600 MHz CL16 ----- Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus X Formula ----- GPU: Zotac GTX 1080 Ti Amp! Extreme ----- Storage: Samsung 960 Pro 1TB -- Samsung 850 Pro 2TB x4

#5 saw101

saw101

• Members
  • 474 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2015 - 05:10 AM

Stick with [and reply to] your original post. Do not start a new post. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/599612/windows-7-installation-issues/

Mod Edit:  Merged topics - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 17 December 2015 - 07:41 AM.

#6 Learncode

Learncode
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2015 - 08:26 AM

Thanks everyone for answers.
Indeed, the windows CD that i used has a damaged surface. So i decided to use another windows install disc.
Fos saw101:
i opened another post by mistake.
My laptop is asus k53u.
For batman 1234:
i tried to use another windows CD,but when i insert it in the cd dvd drive on screen appears
Reboot and select proper boot device
or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key.
Is that mean that my boot device is not selected as CD DVD DRIVE?
If so ,how can i make my pc boot this disk?
Thank you.

#7 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,539 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2015 - 09:14 AM

Do you have UEFI or BIOS?  If UEFI, Secure Boot must be disabled; Legacy boot enabled.  If BIOS, continue.

Ensure boot order is usb first, cd-dvd second, internal HD third.  I'm at school, cannot stay on long.  Hope you can get your windows reinstalled.

Edited by RolandJS, 17 December 2015 - 09:16 AM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

#8 saw101

saw101

• Members
  • 474 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2015 - 04:24 PM

The ASUS k53u should have a recovery partition, provided it has not been overwritten at some previous point. If it does you can recover the unit to factory condition. A general video guide for the procedures to follow can be seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMSed6EQ7CU

After doing a factory restore you will need to perform the win 7 updates.

Indeed, the windows CD that i used has a damaged surface. So i decided to use another windows install disc.

Is the alternate disc a Microsoft genuine factory Windows 7 or is it a burned copy?

#9 Learncode

Learncode
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2015 - 04:57 PM

Hi,

I don't know if is BIOS or UEFI on my pc.
I started my pc, then pressed F2 and as a result i entered the blue screen wich looks like Bios.

The window has the name Aptio Setup Utility.
I don't know if is BIOS or UEFI because:

- on tab Main says:
"Bios information,
bios vendor
version
VBIOS version "
and other stuff...

-on BOOT tab says:

"Boot configuration
UEFI Boot disabled
PXE ROM disabled

Boot option priorities
Boot option 1 (my cd/dvd drive)
Boot option 2 (disabled)

Hard Drive BBS Priorities

cd/dvd rom drive BBSPriorities
Delete Boot Option"

So, in this situation i don't know what i need to do to make pc boot from the new windows cd.

#10 Learncode

Learncode
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2015 - 05:00 PM

For saw 101:
the alternate disk is a burned copy.

#11 Learncode

Learncode
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2015 - 05:24 PM

I tried the option regarding recovery partition/factory state suggested by saw101 but it doesn't work- i think i have no more the partition necessary.

#12 saw101

saw101

• Members
  • 474 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2015 - 06:27 PM

RolandJS mentioned that you need to Disable Secure Boot in your UEFI BIOS. If you have not done that, you need to check under the Security Tab in the BIOS & look for the Secure Boot option & change it to Disabled.

Next go to the Advanced tab & see if you have a System Configuration option. Click that & it should take you to the settings for Boot Mode. Change it to CSM Boot

Select F10 to Save & Exit. Now try booting your Win7 DVD. Hopefully that will help. Post back.

#13 Learncode

Learncode
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2015 - 07:56 PM

Probably, me posting continuosly is annoying, but i really don't manage to get it done. So thank you 4 staying with me;

for saw101:
i read what RolandJS reccomended but look up for a post of mine as a response to that specific advise that he gave. in that post i described briefly my bios/uefi.

P.S. My tab Security contains no" Secure boot" section

and

tab Advanced contains sections other than those specified by you.
Here what contains:

"start easy flash
asus fancy start(disabled)
post logo type(static)
internal pointing device(enabled)
usb performance(normal)

SVM Mode(enabled)
legacy USB Support(enabled)
SATA Configuration"

what I mean is that given the
fact that my BIOS/UEFI looks like this ,I don't know how to do the settings that you(saw101) and RolandJS advised.

#14 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,539 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2015 - 10:25 AM

Hopefully, usb or cd-dvd boot will get us moving forward, I'm at school, scattered login/logout times, cannot maintain constant contact  :)

#15 Learncode

Learncode
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2015 - 08:19 PM

Well RolandJS,
i don't know how to make my pc boot the new windows cd because my BIOS commands are confusing and i don't find the way to make the changes that you wrote about.

And i did not understood, from studying my BIOS if it's actually BIOS or UEFI.

I described what my BIOS/ blue screen contains in my previous posts.

I'll be waiting for a guidance.

Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users