Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remove ransomware on windows 7 with Combofix?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Convenience

Convenience

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2015 - 05:09 PM

Hi to everyone i'm new on this forum and on this new kind of malware for me! My girlfriend has got an infection of ransomware on her laptop. This is an old laptop and has got a lot of problem but she want to fix it anywhere. I do a scan with karspersky virus removal and it found a lot of objects that i have already remove but the encripted files are still encripted obviously. There is a solution for this problem? I don't want to give the money at this hacker. I launch Combofix now and i'm waiting the creation of the file's log for post it here. Anyone can help me? Thank you for your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 16 December 2015 - 05:51 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Are there any file extensions appended to your files...such as .ecc, .ezz, .exx, .zzz, .xyz, .aaa, .abc, .ccc, .vvv, .encrypted, .crinf, .XRNT, .XTBL, .crypt, .pzdc, .good, .LOL!, .OMG!, .RDM, .EnCiPhErEd, {CRYPTENDBLACKDC}, .vault, .HA3, .toxcrypt, .CTBL, .CTB2, or 6-7 length extension consisting of random characters?

Did you find any ransom note? These infections are created to alert victims that their data has been encrypted and demand a ransom payment. Check your documents folder for an image the malware typically uses for the background note. Check the C:\ProgramData (or C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data) for a randomly named .html, .txt, .png, .bmp, .url file.

These are some examples:
HELP_DECRYPT.TXT, HELP_YOUR_FILES.TXT, HELP_TO_DECRYPT_YOUR_FILES.txt, YOURFILES.HTML
HELP_RESTORE_FILES.txt, HELP_TO_SAVE_FILES.txt, RECOVERY_KEY.txt, DecryptAllFiles.txt
DECRYPT_INSTRUCTIONS.TXT, DECRYPT_INSTRUCTION.TXT, HOW_TO_DECRYPT_FILES.txt
How_To_Recover_Files.txt, ReadDecryptFilesHere.txt, Help_Decrypt.txt, About_Files.txt
RECOVERY_FILES.txt, DecryptAllFiles_<user name>.txt, encryptor_raas_readme_liesmich.txt
Howto_RESTORE_FILES_*****.txt, DecryptAllFiles_*******.txt (where * are 6-7 random characters)
RECOVERY_FILE_*****.txt, restore_files_*****.txt (where * are random characters)
howto_recover_file_*****.txt, _how_recover_*****.txt (where * are random characters)
how_recover+***.txt, recover_file_*****.txt, (where * are random characters)
Once you have identified which particular ransomware you are dealing with, I can direct you to the appropriate discussion topic for further assistance.

I moved your topic here because you did not follow the Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide.

ComboFix logs are not permitted in this forum so do not post it here. Many crypto ransomware variants are typically programmed to automatically remove the malicious files responsible for the infection after the encrypting is done since they are no longer needed. However, if another piece of malware was responsible for installing it, then that could still be present if your antivirus did not detect and remove it.

If you need individual assistance ONLY with malware infection, follow the instructions in the Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide. When you have done that, start a new topic and post your logs in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team.

If you choose to post a log, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic so we can closed this one.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users