Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

no sound after windows 10 upgrade.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ShyGuy73

ShyGuy73

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:35 PM

Now my problem is I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. After up grade I plug in my USB head set and the sound still comes from the regular speakers so I go into setting hit headset and they start working. But when I unplug the head set fails to get sound out of the speakers. So I do a repair and it says no sound devices found. I reboot the pc and the speakers work agine but the cycle starts agine I have to go into setting hit head set to get the headset to work. Unplug no sound agine from speakers. Why do I have to keep going into settings to get sound ? I tried the head set on another windows 10 pc and it works fine. Plug in headset the headset works unplug them sound automatically comes from speakers. Anybody know what's going on ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 16 December 2015 - 09:12 PM

Welcome,

Not everything makes the transition from W7 to W10 with all of it's bits and bytes in the proper places. I would recommend that you get the latest drivers for your system and install them. If you have the latest it may take an uninstall and reinstall to get everything back in order.

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 jacklai

jacklai

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 17 December 2015 - 08:13 AM

Same with me. I'm thinking about downgrade to W7

#4 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 17 December 2015 - 09:56 AM

Programs do not upgrade well. Most need to be reinstalled to work properly. The rest need to be updated to work with the new OS.

Downgrading to W7 is an option but I suspect that you will be nagged to death by MS until you upgrade again. They are becoming more insistant.

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#5 Toshiba2015

Toshiba2015

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 17 December 2015 - 03:41 PM

Same with me. I'm thinking about downgrade to W7

I have the same problem.  I get sound when I have headphones plugged in, but no sound through the laptop's speakers, even though I have sounds activated in my settings.  This is only one of many problems I've started having since "upgrading" to Win10.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users