Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Major issues with new build freezes, monitor flashes, graphics driver card issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 thegameksk

thegameksk

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:33 PM

Hey all. I built my first system last week. I did a fresh install yesterday hoping it would help my issues but it hasnt. My specs are:

I7-6600K

Hero VIII motherboard

16 gig hyperxfury DDR4 ram

500 gb samsung ssd

3 backup regular drives

No graphics card

Windows 10 Pro

NVGA 850 WATT G2

First issue is I keep getting the message "your graphics driver for windows 8 has crashed and recovered". I get this message constantly. I have windows 10 yet the driver message states my gpu driver is for win 8. I thought this was the problem but when I went to intel to download drivers it said I have the most up to date drivers for my system. Another issue I think might be linked to this is my flashes. My scree will turn black even thought the power light is on. Either after a few seconds the screen will come back on or it will come back on for a few seconds then go out again. Sometimes it doesnt come back on and I have to power down my computer.

My computer is very sluggish and slow. Im not doing much on it. Just going to a website and when I type the address into the address box it takes a while for the text to show. Sometimes it will be like I type the word the and I see firsta t then 10 seconds later the h and then 5 seconds later the e.

The computer also freezes constantly. The harddrives I can still hear moving but the mouse, keyboard dont work. I have to power down using the power button on my computer. I dont know what else todo. My cpu temps dont get higher then 30 degrees ususally sitting at 25 degrees. Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Ive ran adaware scans and virus scans which came back clear. Ive ran stress tests which said everything was okay. 

Edited by thegameksk, 16 December 2015 - 02:34 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,503 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:51 PM

My computer is very sluggish and slow. Im not doing much on it. Just going to a website and when I type the address into the address box it takes a while for the text to show. Sometimes it will be like I type the word the and I see firsta t then 10 seconds later the h and then 5 seconds later the e.

The computer also freezes constantly. The harddrives I can still hear moving but the mouse, keyboard dont work. I have to power down using the power button on my computer. I dont know what else todo. My cpu temps dont get higher then 30 degrees ususally sitting at 25 degrees. Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Unplug every HDD expect SSD and see if those problems go away. HDD's that constantly power up and down (power connector loose etc) can cause computer to be very slow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users