Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer will not boot. ACPI.sys

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Insite

Insite

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:29 PM

All,

My computer won't start after removing Avast antivirus from it.  Lots of things have gone wrong with it including the c:\boot\bcd becoming corrupt, the onboard WinRe not able to boot (could only use Win 7 DVD to get to WinRE).  Anyway, I am at a point where I think I am very close to getting the computer to boot again.  I just need to overcome the following error:

"Problem signature: Problem Event Name: StartupRepairOffline 
Problem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385 
Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 03: unknown 
Problem Signature 04: 21199610
Problem Signature 05: ExternalMedia 
Problem Signature 06: 17
Problem Signature 07: Bad driver 
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

In my adventures of trying to resolve this I have performed the following (not a complete list):

• Ran BitDefender's offline virus scanner and no viruses were detected.
  • Attempted to run sfc /scannow but since the computer has not rebooted successfully it fails with "pending reboot" message.  Attempted the dism command to revert pending actions and it fails saying that the command does not exist.
  • BCD becoming corrupt and needing to be rebuilt
  • Master boot record changing and needing to be fixed
  • At one point I was able to get it to attempt to boot but it would throw up message about stopping so as not to harm the computer.  Reboot with last known good option and it will throw up error about ACPI.sys not available or corrupt.
  • And so much more.

Attached is a copy of the frst logs after I ran.

Please help!

Attached Files

• Attached File  FRST.txt   606.18KB   1 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 AM

Posted 17 December 2015 - 05:37 PM

Notice that the error mentions external media.

Please remove any external media that you are using.

Have you run any diagnostics?

Here's a list of the free, bootable diagnostics that I suggest:  http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html

Are you able to access the hard drive?

If so, I'd like to see if there are any minidumps in the C:\Windows\Minidump folder.

If there are, please zip them up and upload them with your next post.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users