My computer won't start after removing Avast antivirus from it. Lots of things have gone wrong with it including the c:\boot\bcd becoming corrupt, the onboard WinRe not able to boot (could only use Win 7 DVD to get to WinRE). Anyway, I am at a point where I think I am very close to getting the computer to boot again. I just need to overcome the following error:
"Problem signature: Problem Event Name: StartupRepairOffline
Problem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 03: unknown
Problem Signature 04: 21199610
Problem Signature 05: ExternalMedia
Problem Signature 06: 17
Problem Signature 07: Bad driver
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
In my adventures of trying to resolve this I have performed the following (not a complete list):
- Ran BitDefender's offline virus scanner and no viruses were detected.
- Attempted to run sfc /scannow but since the computer has not rebooted successfully it fails with "pending reboot" message. Attempted the dism command to revert pending actions and it fails saying that the command does not exist.
- BCD becoming corrupt and needing to be rebuilt
- Master boot record changing and needing to be fixed
- At one point I was able to get it to attempt to boot but it would throw up message about stopping so as not to harm the computer. Reboot with last known good option and it will throw up error about ACPI.sys not available or corrupt.
- And so much more.
Attached is a copy of the frst logs after I ran.