Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1000 recurring problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 t8rsalad

t8rsalad

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 AM

Posted 16 December 2015 - 01:47 PM

Sometime earlier today, Windows update came through and now it has affected my wireless adapter on my HP Pavillion laptop. This has happened sporadically in the past but now the wifi turns off automatically and sometimes reconnects on its own but usually I have to restart computer.

Any easy fix to this? I went to HP.com to reinstall or update the wireless adapter myself but HP website would not let me past recognizing my computer.

Please assist me at your earliest convenience. I would greatly appreciate it. I run on Windows 10 64-bit.

Thank you very much for any assistance.

T8r Salad 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,033 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 AM

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:37 PM

There seems to be a huge issue with Windows 10 updates breaking Wireless. Unfortunately intel does not provide a Windows 10 driver for the N-1000. You may want to read through this thread. 

#3 t8rsalad

t8rsalad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 AM

Posted 16 December 2015 - 05:10 PM

There seems to be a huge issue with Windows 10 updates breaking Wireless. Unfortunately intel does not provide a Windows 10 driver for the N-1000. You may want to read through this thread. 

I understand that HP has a fix for this driver & problem but I cannot find how to get that point of downloading the specific driver for this wireless adapter...anyone else able to direct me to this fix?

Thanks in advance.

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,163 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 AM

Posted 16 December 2015 - 05:42 PM

Have you gone to the HP Support Site and stepped through the process to get to the materials (including software & driver updates) for your particular machine?

Once you have there should be an entry there for "Driver - Network" that when you expand it by clicking the + sign you should see the various network card driver updates with a Download button at the end.  Once you download it there's typically a setup.exe or the like in the content that you simply run to install the driver.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users